Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

"Flying Wild Alaska" star killed in a plane crash

Any of you who might remember the TV series “flying wild Alaska” which aired on Discovery back in 2011 & 2012, will be saddened to hear of the death of Jim Tweto on Saturday whilst flying his Cessna 180. He had just landed, dropped off a passenger and was taking off with one other on board when the plane failed to gain height and crashed, killing Jim and his passenger.

I remember following the antics of Jim and his staff at Era Alaska back in 2011 and felt a particular sort affinity with Ariel, as she was learning to fly at the same time and coming across the same things I was experiencing. Coming in from a particularly “heavy” training session with a 7 knot cross wind , I was amazed to watch the pilots of Era battling 35 knot cross winds and worse, wondering – will I ever achieve that level of competence….

A tragic end to the life of a bush pilot legend, will be interested to understand whether there was a mechanical defect with his plane or whether a simple pilot error caused this accident. Either way, wishing Jim eternal tailwinds…..

EDL*, Germany

A tragic end to the life of a bush pilot legend, will be interested to understand whether there was a mechanical defect with his plane or whether a simple pilot error caused this accident.

Absolutely. According AvWeb, close to Unalakleet, Alaska… stroke a higher chord since I went thru the area last year.

Either way, wishing Jim eternal tailwinds…..

Same here, RIP Jim.

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

So sad. I watched every episode.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway
3 Posts
Sign in to add your message