Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Mooney N201RF into an electricity pylon, in the US

My Group Jodel DR1050 crashed in 1999. The cockpit sears were undamaged. The seatbelts held the two occupants who had no obvious impact damage, but were dead with internal organs tearing loose. Said to have died instantly.
I find it amazing that the pylori had enough flexibility even at stall speed.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

@blancolirio usually produces a good dry summary, as in this case

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

The deformation would depend very much on how much “flexibility” there was in the object collided with, and how much there is in the airframe.

The deceleration has a huge effect on the people on board, that is clear. However, the steel cage has more than once proven it’s worth. A really good friend of mine in the US survived her crash into the forest primarily due to the steel cage, other airplanes would have disintegrated. I know several others who lived because that cabin stayed intact with little if any deformation within the cage itself.

The one bit which will kill almost every time however is if there is a fire. thankfully that was not the case here.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

RobertL18C wrote:

@blancolirio usually produces a good dry summary, as in this case

He does, but he continues to get the altitude wrong for ADS-B Out. It is a pressure altitude and not an MSL altitude. The METAR quoted was 29.45 or about a 500 foot reduction when converted to MSL. So 1100 pressure altitude is actually closer to 600 MSL.

KUZA, United States
14 Posts
Sign in to add your message