Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

YouTuber bails out due to stopped engine (looks like it was staged)

That’s automatic if the video contains any copyright music. Nowadays they don’t delete the video; they just demonetise it, saying the proceeds will go to the copyright owners.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Inkognito wrote:

Have you watched the video?

To be honest, only some of it, once. But I have read lots about it

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

LeSving wrote:

To be honest, only some of it, once
Watch it again – and look for the fire extinguishers strapped to his legs… I think there are youtube videos dissecting all these things.
But even without these blatantly obvious proofs, alone the sheer amount of different camera angles and especially the editing, the terrible acting, the clandestine retrival of the evidence and the care to film the emergency. Have you ever been in a hairy situation? This literally screams “staged”. The only thing going in his favour is that he isn’t chewing on a tide pod at the same time.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consumption_of_Tide_Pods#%22Tide_Pod_Challenge%22

But even if he only had a shaky cell phone video of the whole episode, I still wouldn’t believe the parachutists parachute, which he never wore before.

While I loathe what he did, I don’t think he deserves jail (due to the lucky fact, that no fire broke out – what did that fop think he could do with a hand extinguisher anyway?). But I’d pull all his licenses and ban him from using the internet for self promotion for years to come.

Berlin, Germany

Inkognito wrote:

Watch it again

No, please, don’t. Just go back to page 6 of this thread, I posted screenshots from the video. Don’t give the video another click.

Germany

a free sample proved to me that the stuff they produce tastes absolutely awful… so “they” sure won’t get any 0.01€ out from my pocket
But the younger generation seem generally to disagree…

They have been a few close calls in some of those RB stunts, but no harm done to their reputation. Joe Public still find these stupid stunts “awesome” and entertaining.

As for me an aircraft is magic.
The more so for the “small” (as in SEP) ones, as the pilot still is in contact with, and at the merci of all of nature’s elements. Having wings produce the necessary invisible lift to take one aloft is unreal, period. The air craft allows one to leave the terrestrial crust and levitate in an ever changing 3 dimensional world, far from ground borne problems. Call me romantic if you like
An aircraft is expensive. Most people have to work pretty hard in order to rent, or buy and maintain one. Or even build one. In short, an aircraft is due respect.
And one does not kill magic!

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

Someone posted a troll on Trade-A-Plane

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

In relation to promoting aviation I think the Barnstorming era must’ve been a lot of fun, involving as it did unlicensed pilots (in the US Federal licensing started in 1927) landing in fields of their own choosing, parachuting to get attention, flying stunts and selling rides. For sure more beneficial to aviation than the current OCD Obey Authority era, in which the collective sense of proportion has been replaced by collective fear. Perhaps some middle ground might work

Last Edited by Silvaire at 27 Apr 14:54

FAA vs YT? CCTV video & angry neighbour !

https://www.planeandpilotmag.com/news/the-latest/2022/04/29/faa-suspends-trent-palmers-certificate/

Last Edited by Ibra at 29 Apr 19:55
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

The logic of blind “by the book law” vs real life. At the same time it seems it’s more important for the FAA to attack youtubers than to actually do their job.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Though I have no details about the event cited, I know that there is one factor which very certainly distinguishes a “buzz job” from an inspection pass – The way the plane was being flown. An inspection pass, will be flown at a speed safely above approach speed, though no faster than necessary, wings level, offset to the intended landing path. A buzz job is much too often flown at a speed faster than cruise speed, and seems to include banking the wings. Video should make it clear how suitable the “pass” was for inspection.

Home runway, in central Ontario, Canada, Canada
Sign in to add your message