Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Changing trusts (N-reg)

I am getting increasingly irritated with Aircraft Guaranty (AGCORP).
Has any of you N-reg owners in Europe changed trusts (without changing anything else)? What exactly is involved, I guess I would first need to give notice on the contract with AGCORP. What interaction with the FAA would be required? Any pitfalls?

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Bosco, other than paying, there would usually be a bill of sale from trust to you and a bill of sale from you to the new trust. Those would be filed at the FAA by the new trustee. Quite straightforward – main challenge is getting bill of sale from old trustee.

Last Edited by JasonC at 06 Jan 09:53
EGTK Oxford

It should be straightforward. I did it about seven years ago and there were no issues, however, as JC states, Bill of Sale from the outgoing trustee may be an issue. I sense some angst that you may have with AGCORP, and my experience when moving from any service provider it is always best to remain sweetness and light, until you have everything you need.

I would also get advice from the new trustee and get them to do as much as possible with the transfer. Let them work a bit for the new business.

Fly safe. I want this thing to land l...
EGPF Glasgow

I did the jump about a year ago.

AGCORP was just too expensive.

Southern took care of the whole process for me, and it was cheaper to do the change(exit fee AGCORP+Entry Fee Southern), than to continue another year with AGCORP.
So it was a no brainer.

spirit49
LOIH

BeechBaby wrote:

and my experience when moving from any service provider it is always best to remain sweetness and light, until you have everything you need.

I could not agree more.

You should give Southern Aircraft Consultancy a call and ask them for their advice, I have been with them for 10 years and they have done everything expected of them…and more.

https://www.southernaircraft.co.uk/

It was Southern I moved from, for no other reason than I got it cheaper from another provider who has given me nothing but good service, IAS. When I moved from Southern they could not have been more helpful and when/if the time comes to move, or register another aircraft, I would more than likely go back to them.

Fly safe. I want this thing to land l...
EGPF Glasgow

Speak to Peter at Avcorp Registrations:

http://www.avcorpregistrations.com/home-mainmenu-1

Thanks for all the pointers.

Dead set now on leaving Aircraft Guaranty!

What I would be interested in: are there any fundamental differences between Southern, IAS and AVCORP? I mean other than their different pricing structures.
IIUC, Southern is based in the UK. I have heard it said that this circumstance in itself makes the whole construction of Southern somewhat borderline, legally speaking. Is that true?

Will I have to do with British people at SAC? That might well be a big plus for me. Sorry to say, but I am happy whereever I can avoid to deal with Americans…

Thanks.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 18 Feb 16:04

I have had a very good experience with Avcorp over many years. Based in the UK and very helpful.

EGTK Oxford
40 Posts
Sign in to add your message