Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Calais LFAC Immigration/Customs - PN may be insufficient and a passport stamp is mandatory

Why this is only a concern in Calais not say in Germany where in many places passport checks are done by aerodrome operations without computer or ink?

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

I doubt the name is fake because whoever did that would get “I will speak to my legal team in the morning.”

Well… A web search for that name finds five obviously different persons on the first page!

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Why this is only a concern in Calais not say in Germany where in many places passport checks are done by aerodrome operations without computer or ink?

See post #1. It is the threat of Brits having to fly back out despite having given the PN if the police chose to not turn up.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

They stamped our UK passports in LFAC yesterday, even though we have Schengen residence cards. Basically they are not sure what to do so they shrug shoulders and stamp.

NeilC
EGPT, LMML

In theory, they should not stamp passports of UK residents in France…I recall there was “une circulaire” last year for Calais/Folkeston crossings but in GA it may take a while to passthrough, everybody seems in continuous learning or needs to be told how to do their jobs these days?

Last Edited by Ibra at 13 Apr 07:47
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Could a French person please draft me a suitable email which I can send to them?

They are not replying so it looks like they “know something”.

This is what I emailed:

A report has appeared here

https://www.euroga.org/forums/flying/13814-calais-customs

which claims that sometimes the police do not come for UK pilots, and then one has to fly to Le Touquet and back to Calais!

Could you please take a look at this thread and tell me if the report
is true?

Very many thanks in advance.

Administrator

I remember the B day +1 the news carried the story of chaos at Paris Gare du Nord as the border force started stamping all UK passports before someone pointed out that they shouldn’t be stamping resident’s passports.
As Ibra says the procedure will gradually embed itself. But I still don’t think you need a stamp unless you are going to spend a lot of time in the EU and then you get a visa.
Going into Stansted a month or so ago, I still went to an exit gate, put my passport on the glass, started into the camera.and the gate opened automatically. No stamp.
Returning to Nantes, gave my passport to the man behind the desk who showed it to his machine and waved me on.
Coming and going by ferry was different and I got my passport stamped both ways.
At Calais on receipt of your PN with all details, I would imagine they feed it all into their computer, which links to the central computer.
If nothing untoward crops up and the border force is busy down the road at the ferry they don’t turn up. Both you and they have done what you were supposed to do. No problem.
If you are worried that they haven’t turned up, give them a call and ask them should you stay or can you go.

France

No; this is just going around in circles.

Calais is either Immigration+Customs on a PN, or it isn’t.

The AIP states the former.

There is nothing else to argue about.

Even this post contains four superfluous lines.

Administrator

Have been through Calais three times in the last 10 days.
No Customs present.
Last time, this notice has appeared:

Does the word mandatory/obligatoire apply to their presence or one’s need to phone?
How ‘legal’ can the requirement be if the telephone number is WRONG? [You will notice that both numbers can’t be correct. ]
When one phones, do thy:
Thank you and mark you on their computer?
Ask you to wait while they arrive (How long?}?
Or do they tell you to go elsewhere e.g Le Touquet?

Has anyone any feedback on this?

Rochester, UK, United Kingdom

Internationally it should be this:

I’d never heard of a 09 number, which turns out to be non-geographic for VoIP. Calais is normally a 03 area code so they might not necessarily be local. Not actually called them so can’t help.

Edit: the mandatory part is having your passport looked at

Last Edited by Capitaine at 29 Apr 08:12
EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message