Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Berlin today

Nice run over this afternoon. The 110 kt tailwind was nice too. Once again the wind forecast was overly pessimistic. I have to say I find the 15G25 forecasts to usually be over the top. 17 knots straight down the runway at EDDB was perfectly manageable.Touched the surface deice once as a tribute to Alexis but really not needed.

Caught up with Sebastian from Golze Engineering. Still see his ADL product as the market leader in robust in-flight data if you want to avoid the Garmin hegemony.

Last Edited by JasonC at 09 Jan 22:04
EGTK Oxford

Thanks Jason :-) Let me know when you’re near Munich !

I had up to 65kt on the nose going from Berlin to Bremen today. Over 1h20 for about 180NM. But then at least on the trip home in the afternoon I also got to enjoy the strong tailwind…

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

Ha will do Alexis.

EGTK Oxford

The winds were strange yesterday. I just did a short test flight… 2kts on the ground but 45 kts from the west in 3500 feet!

The winds were strange yesterday. I just did a short test flight… 2kts on the ground but 45 kts from the west in 3500 feet!

Yes confirm the same for Brandenburg! There must be some wind shear arround :-)

Sebastain I missed you only for a coupel of minutes :-(

EDAZ

But there was absolutely no turbulence! I only discovered the high wind becasue at one point i thought “why am i going so slow”…and then i look at the PFD and see GS 111 TAS 156 ….

7 Posts
Sign in to add your message