Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Bamberg EDQA to get IFR procedures

Which setting exactly do you mean?

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

boscomantico wrote:

Which setting exactly do you mean?

You can set flight rules under flight details: VFR, IFR or Mixed. Depending on what you choose, some NOTAMs will be filtered out. I’ve checked and the EDQA NOTAM about suspended procedures does show if you have chosen IFR or Mixed. It does not show if you’ve chosen VFR.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Yes, sure. But the point is that I didn’t actually plan a flight at all. I just tapped on EDQA and checked for NOTAMs. When one does this, Skydemon indeed only shows the VFR NOTAMs. In my opinion, that’s a bug, although SkyDemon will likely say “it is still mostly a VFR product and most of our users prefer it that way”.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 07 Dec 13:05

For both “route” (planned) & “airfield” (click), there is a disclaimer on top “Showing VFR NOTAMS today & tomorrow”

I was daft to use SkyDemon for NOTAMS on IFR flights: I learned that LFRB ILS was U/S as I tuned ATIS, glad my Mrs asked how I checked the NOTAMS, it would have been a shame if it was the IRE I was meeting later that day

Last Edited by Ibra at 07 Dec 13:31
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

boscomantico wrote:

Yes, sure. But the point is that I didn’t actually plan a flight at all.

Even if you don’t, there is still a flight rules setting.

Ibra wrote:

For both “route” (planned) & “airfield” (click), there is a disclaimer on top “Showing VFR NOTAMS today & tomorrow”

…which changes to “IFR” or “VFR+IFR” if you choose IFR or Mixed flight rules.

I was daft to use SkyDemon for NOTAMS on IFR flight once, I learned that LFRB ILS was U/S when I tuned ATIS

Was that when SD was still a pure VFR product? I.e. did the disclaimer at start-up say that it was only to be used for VFR flights?

Using SD for IFR NOTAMs today is not daft at all.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Thanks, I learned something new today

Airborne_Again wrote:

Was that when SD was still a pure VFR product? I.e. did the disclaimer at start-up say that it was only to be used for VFR flights? Using SD for IFR NOTAMs today is not daft at all.

Yes that was years ago, I use AutoRouter for planning/notams and SkyDemon for flying/airspace

Any idea how NOTAMS are labelled VFR/IFR in SD?

Last Edited by Ibra at 07 Dec 13:51

Ibra wrote:

Any idea how NOTAMS are labelled VFR/IFR in SD?

I presume SD just follow what the NOTAM says. It is the third group in the Q line: I, V or IV.

So the labelling is done by the NOTAM author.

Nympsfield, United Kingdom

Even if you don’t, there is still a flight rules setting.

So where is that „general“ flight rules seting done, please?

It’s in Route => Flight Details => Flight Rules

I was referring to the setting which is irrespective of any routed planned. See above.

Sign in to add your message