Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Why has the SR22 been such a success?

Superior handling: the difference is not as breathtaking as you suggest
Superior build quality: G5 vs. Ttx, no difference
Superior range: 150 miles, right
Superior climb: just a little, if at all
Superior cruise efficiency: 20 knots, at the most, and not very relevant in daily life
AND Way more SEXXY look !: , yeah, especially the nosegear!

What’s NOT to get ?: that you concentrate on the points where the Ttx is a little better, maybe, but tend to ignore the advantages of the Cirrus

When you buy an airplane for close to one million dollars, would you prefer a 2 seater or a comfortable 4 seater?

But let’s stop this silly game, ok? You have exactly the plane you wanted, and I do too :-)

Last Edited by Flyer59 at 18 Oct 11:36

When you buy an airplane for close to one million dollars, would you prefer a 2 seater or a comfortable 4 seater?

I would buy the one which looks “right” because the gear retracts

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Look Alexis, you can repeat yourself all day long about the merits of the Cirrus and your little parachute, the fact remains that after flying AND working on a number of Cirrus, from early SR20s to a G5 Turbo, I prefer Lancair Columbia / Ttx and find it to be a Superior Aircraft in many ways as noted above.

By the way, it’s not just “a little better” – it’s way Superior, got it ?

FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

Hey Michael, are you on a mission? ;-)

It’s not really representative what you think. The market has already decided on this matter. Result: 99:1

But maybe we shouldn’t take this too serious? As i have said twenty times before: the Coliumbia/Ttx is a great aircraft!

@ Peter: Although i have tried I have never managed to see the gear in flight. Maybe it IS retractable after all?

Flyer59 wrote:

Hey Michael, are you on a mission? ;-)

Yep, the Lancair Columbia / Ttx is the BEST KEPT SECRET IN GA !

It’s not really representative what you think. The market has already decided on this matter. Result: 99:1

There are literally THOUSANDS of examples of absolute CRAP PRODUCTS dominating their respective markets – you should know that if your a marketing professional

So, the point is just because a bunch of sheep follow each other around sniffing each others’ arses does not mean they are right …

Last Edited by Michael at 18 Oct 12:33
FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

Just because a bunch of sheep follow each other around sniffing each others’ arses does not mean they are right …

“Baaa” …“Baaah” …“Baaah”

Version for German readers: “Määäh”

PS: It will also stay a secret ;-)

Last Edited by Flyer59 at 18 Oct 12:37

Flyer59 wrote:

PS: It will also stay a secret ;-)

Not for the elite group of Connaisseurs’

Last Edited by Michael at 18 Oct 12:43
FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

I never wanted to belong to an elite, so i cannot know!

If anything, this THREAD is becoming a real ‘success’.
I guess, other than the two duelists above, most have lost interest in it though, and probably realise better that it is all very subjective, like the choice of a car.
But, there is no sense denying that the market has spoken, and the winner is Cirrus (in its class).
Now, if only they would make one more innovative step and get a Diesel up front there, they’d really achieve something..
Going to be more heavy than the current engine though, so then the aircraft probably needs TWO chutes. OOPS, sorry, didn’t want to open that discussion again

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Here we go, … Looking forward to the next 400 replies ;-)
But since the ceiling is OVC005 and raining, and the lousy sheep plane is in the shop … go ahead!

The Diesel would only lower the payload I guess, but to increase the MTOM. I was a lousy student, especially in math, but I think the cute can stay the same then ;-)

Sign in to add your message