Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Pressurised light twin question

It is not the enroute charges that hurt when flying a light twin IFR in Europe, although they are irritating, they are small compared to Avgas costs. The real killer is the handling, landing and parking charges when you are over 2t. I have flown a 2.4t twin across Europe for 20 years and those additional costs keep going up.

EGBW, United Kingdom

gallois wrote:

There were also Polish twins which look very much like Senecas. I have forgotten what they are named now, but occasionally they come up on Plane Check.

I think you are referring to the licenced Seneca II’s which were produced in Poland as PZL M-20 – Mewa

The interesting bit about those is that instead of the normal engines, it was fitted with Franklin 220 hp engines.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

I had wild ideas of restoring a UK-based Morava back in the days. It was dismantled and sitting on a farm in Kent. No idea what happened to it. Love the model – beautiful and innovative Czech aircraft.

AdamFrisch wrote:

I had wild ideas of restoring a UK-based Morava back in the days. It was dismantled and sitting on a farm in Kent. No idea what happened to it. Love the model – beautiful and innovative Czech aircraft.

To an untrained eye Morava, GA-7 and Seminole look similar in terms of performance…

Last Edited by arj1 at 07 Jan 14:56
EGTR

AdamFrisch wrote:

We were seriously thinking of buying that one until the owner confessed that most of the airframe was stored outdoors :-(

A beautiful aircraft indeed, but quite labour-intensive to work on. Some tasks are best performed by a trained octopus or a gynaecologist.

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

Ultranomad wrote:

A beautiful aircraft indeed, but quite labour-intensive to work on. Some tasks are best performed by a trained octopus or a gynaecologist.

:))) Made my day.

EGTR

Ultranomad wrote:

Some tasks are best performed by a trained octopus or a gynaecologist.

ROFL, good one. I’ll run it with a friend of mine who is one of the above. I guess he might love the comparison.

You are friends with a trained octopus???

Biggin Hill

Cobalt wrote:

You are friends with a trained octopus???

I knew you’d say that

That may be the “mystery plane” I see when flying over Kent. It is sitting in a small garden; not in a field which may be a runway.

trained octopus or a gynaecologist.

That is a standard comment re avionics work, on any aircraft

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message