Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Flying a Mooney? Become an EMPOA member!

Hi all,

EMPOA, the European Mooney Owners and Pilots Association, held their annual general assembly last weekend. I want to take the opportunity to bring our club to the attention of the Mooney flyers on this forum, especially the ones based in the UK. EMPOA has a bit over 300 members, and the majority of the pilots actively participating in the regular meetings come from Germany and France. There are also always a few Mooneys from Austria, Switzerland and the Benelux countries showing up. What we are missing are Mooney pilots from the UK and Ireland, and I know that there are quite a few participating here in the forum.

Besides the annual general assembly and the holiday party in December EMPOA usually does one or two informal meetings per year in different locations. In the last few years the holiday parties and general assemblies mostly took place in France or Germany, but we did also fly to Czech Republic and Austria. These meetings are always great fun and all of us use these opportunities to talk Mooney over a beer or a glass of wine.

Besides the meetings in person we have an active Telegram group where a lot of things get discussed openly. This includes topics like shops or financial issues many people are a bit reluctant to discuss in forums.

Being an EMPOA member also offers a few benefits like the fleet insurance. Unfortunately the rates increased over the last two years as they did everywhere, but the rates are still very competitive.

Traveling unfortunately is still restricted around Europe, especially from the UK but maybe one or the other British or Irish Mooney pilot might consider to join EMPOA and one of our meetings.

Please take a look at our club homepage, but if you have questions or comments, just reply here or contact me directly.

Tina,
Spokeswoman EMPOA, the European Mooney Owners and Pilots Association

EDFM, Germany

EMOPA ?

LFOU, France

Thanks for the invite, hopefully I will join and turn up in one of the fly-in meetings :)

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom
3 Posts
Sign in to add your message