Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Looking for a TB20

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Brutal!

That is why The EU, UK, NO, and CH are largely closed aircraft markets.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 04 Jan 20:47
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

I’m more fascinated by the fact that an aircraft who’s vat was paid 10y ago (for all intents and purposes) has to be paid again !

EGKA, United Kingdom

That is why The EU, UK, NO, and CH are largely closed aircraft markets.

The US should be too but people still buy from the US, and sell N-regs back to the US.

I’m more fascinated by the fact that an aircraft who’s vat was paid 10y ago (for all intents and purposes) has to be paid again !

That’s because “VAT” doesn’t have to be the same “VAT” in different countries. For all you know, Botswana has a “VAT” too. The UK VAT split from EU VAT on 31 Dec 2020, after a run some decades long before which it was again a different “VAT” system.

Administrator

Sure but when VAT was originally paid, it was paid with the promise that it applied to the UK. Then, that promise was broken just because the UK left the EU. The VAT rules were changed retrospectively. In a way its a breach of contract.

Last Edited by Rami1988 at 04 Jan 22:30
EGKA, United Kingdom

I agree, and the UK rarely does anything retrospectively, but a govt is permitted to breach a contract (and get away with it) if it is done via an Act of Parliament. There is a long precedent for this e.g. look at post-WW2 nationalisation by the Lab govt, with minimal or no compensation to shareholders. This area changes over time but there isn’t much you can do now.

A higher value plane like the TB20 is valuable enough to be imported from other countries. You just need to find a bargain.

Administrator

Find a bargain, compete with buyers who don’t have to pay VAT, have my engineer travel and inspect it, then probably have to do a paint job. Just all becomes a bit too much, unnecessarily.

EGKA, United Kingdom

Just noticed that the 2nd TB20 on G-reg on Planecheck also has TKS.

https://www.planecheck.com?ent=da&id=57395

planecheck_G_BSCN_57395_pdf

It also has pretty good avionics.

So actually both G-Reg TB20’s currently might be contenders on the TKS question, both have pretty good avionics too.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Rami1988 wrote:

Perhaps planes are slower to follow the trends as its a much more illiquid market – but I am humble about my knowledge in this as im fairly new in this business.

Planes have been pretty high priced since the pandemic, when people started looking for planes again. Prices have since decreased a bit but not yet significantly.

Post the 2008 financial crisis, there was a time when LOADS of planes were for sale and prices were undervalued massively. The price hike during Covid has largely reversed that and for a while, planes were quite a bit overpriced as there were very few to be had.

Currently i think prices are back in a sort of realistic range, particularly in the TB20 sector but also other makes have recovered. It is clearly a question of demand and wether they are “fly away” planes or “projects”. With fly away I’d see planes you can buy and fly them as they are. Projects are planes which need significant modification before being of any use, such as Avionics (which is the biggest financial risk) or run out engines e.t.c.

As it was said before, prices for a TB20 with recent avionics and TKS as well as in pretty much fly away state are somewhere in the 150-200k region. The two G-REG TB20’s are well within that range.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

have my engineer travel and inspect it, then probably have to do a paint job

Always a problem. That is why most people who travel far end up just buying it – same with cars etc.

I wonder why the one above does not say which autopilot model it is. Really weird!

What is the budget here? I would go for a GT if possible.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message