Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

A top tip: Coburg (EDQC)

On my list as well!

Spending too long online
EGTF Fairoaks, EGLL Heathrow, United Kingdom

Thanks to this post I am planning to go there on the 3rd of September. I hope to get some AVGAS and perhaps lunch. Is there a restaurant on site?

Last Edited by Fly310 at 25 Aug 10:09
ESSZ, Sweden

Avgas is no problem there.

United Kingdom

Yes, there is a restaurant. It’s not where the “Tower” is though, but slightly hidden, about 200 meters down the row of hangars. Nothing fancy, but decent.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Ok, good to hear. Any recent fuel price info?
I will be happy as long as they can provide a decent schnitzel. :)

ESSZ, Sweden

Definitely they can.

Re fuel, it’s a TOTAL place. All TOTAL stations always have one universal price in Germany. It should be 2.26 Euros right now. So not exactly cheap (some independent ones, mostly at the very small fields are in the 1.95 to 2.20 range) but cheaper than BP fields.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 25 Aug 12:35
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

boscomantico wrote:

It should be 2.26 Euros right now

Cool, thanks for the info! Reasonable price, looking forward to go there.

ESSZ, Sweden

I visited Coburg today, what an amazing airfield! We never left the airfield, just stopped to refuel. Unfortunately the restaurant was closed(low season?).
The scenery is great and infrastructure very good with easy refuelling and IFR approach/departures. I can highly recommend it and next time I will try to come hear and be able to walk into town.

Saw some traffic on the airport as well. The runway is indeed short(632 metres) and some of the traffic used all of it… :P

ESSZ, Sweden

Great, I may visit weekend after next!

Tököl LHTL

Sounds like an invitation to a fly-in which could appeal to members in Austria and Poland, in addition to Germany.

LFPT, LFPN
Sign in to add your message