Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

70 Years LKRK Aeroclub (airshow)

JnsV wrote:

These requirements normally work both ways. I.e. if at least one of the parties require a flight plan, it will be required for a crossing in either direction.

Exactly. So regardless the fact that Germany does not require it (although I have not checked the AIP myself ), Switzerland does:

FPL are compulsory for all VFR FLTs entering airspace of Germany, Austria, France and Italy. Requirements and submission of VFR flight plans and FLT notification are detailed in
REF: VFR Manual

And so does France:
FLIGHT PLAN
Obligation
Aircraft pilots may carry out flights, in accordance with visual flight rules, which include crossing the land or sea territorial borders of Metropolitan France in either direction only if they have previously filed a flight plan.

And so does Norway…

All three countries are in Schengen.

LFPT, LFPN

so in a summary – flight plan is generally required unless both countries published they do not required flight plan. Having both countries in the Schengen will make you life easier, you do not need have immigration.

LKKU, LKTB

Thanks again, I was not aware of that.
I wonder if you actually would have to land if you flew through Germany on the way from France to CZ. My guess is that nobody would care about a flight plan. My plane is G-reg and nobody ever asks me anything when I fly into CZ. (But if I establish radio contact with Praha, which is not necessary, I tell them that I departed from EDML, so that might be the reason.)

unless both countries published they do not required flight plan

And, you are flying directly from the airspace of one to the airspace of the other.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Contrary to all fears and expectations, the first forecasts are not all that prohibitive so it seems not impossible I do come in flying. Are the local forecasts more or less positive? Reminder: I plan to fly in on Thursday next June 9th, and depart before noon of Saturday 11th – unless conditions warrant flying home on Sunday.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Hi,
well, at the moment the forecast looks something like 50/50, I would say. And that will change another three times until Wednesday .. I’ll be in CZ tomorrow and prepare the house a bit, and we’ll talk Wednesday. I’ll arrive Friday around noon, but you can go to my house Thursday, I’ll take care of that, don’t worry.

Jan_O: I sent you a PM about Thursday. My secretary will pick you up at the airfield, take care of you if you arrive on Thursday, and give you keys, cars, etc.

All others, please report intentions! I’ll be there Friday around early afternoon if wx is ok for flying, or later if i have to drive. But I guess that if it is THAT bad then nobody is coming anyway. My guess is that it will be slightly unstable but ok for VFR flight.

@Flyer59 The weather seems to be flyable from here. I’m leaving from LHTL on Friday afternoon and will probably arrive at LKRK between 7 and 8 p.m. Planned departure on Sunday. I’ll PM you my phone number.

Hajdúszoboszló LHHO

All good. If you arrive at that time I’ll be there already and wait for you, I will also keep my handheld radio tuned on 123.50, that’s LKRK info (“Rakovnik info”).

Just got this link with a map of the airshow:
http://www.scribblemaps.com/maps/view/Leteck%C3%BD_den_11_%C4%8Dervna/DT4vnvkWw6

Visitor airplanes should park on the (closed) runway 27R/09L, near the 27 threshold. Check “Stojanka Navstevniku” on the map!
OUR airplanes that arrive on Friday already can taxi to the hangar and park there for the whole time. Airplanes that arrive Saturday morning will probably have to park at the visitor’s parking.

There will be an ENGLISH speaking pilot on the tower on Saturday, and maybe on Friday. The frequency is 123.50, “Rakovnik info”. If nobody answers, or only in Czech, make blind position reports and land.

Sign in to add your message