Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EASA deadline postponed: for "screw N reg" too?

I take a contrary view.

Maybe the initial IR test is too fresh in my mind and this is skewing my thinking, but within the total annual costs of flying the IR renewal is not a massive issue. Like you I did the IR to future proof my flying, and we are all aware that the regulations seem to change with the weather. This may even mean the EASA IR is never required, but it could just as easily alter the currency requirements for renewal of an out of date IR.

Now I’ve bought the insurance I don’t intend to let it go!

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

Yes – I tend to agree

One could so easily get shafted on this.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Back to this old one…

The IR revalidation examiner I normally fly with is not around before my JAA IR lapses (on the 3rd anniversary of the IR skills test) and based on this IN2014/170 10th Oct 2014 posted earlier by Tumbleweed, I can save myself hunting around for another examiner, and don’t need to revalidate it anyway, till April 2016.

Can anyone confirm this information is still current?

I have a current FAA IR.

Administrator

If I understand correctly you will still need to pass a proficiency check but without ATO training provided you have a full US (for example) license with IR? With all these derogations, Part-FCL is becoming totally unreadable.

LFPT, LFPN

I’ve just got this from my IRE who first could not believe this.

I also wonder what evidence of a non EASA IR might be? The FAA IR is normally on a rolling currency, not done via IPCs.

Administrator

Apparently Slovakia first asked for the derogation and the UK CAA were obliged to accept it as well.

I seem to remember a meeting at which the CAA proposed it.

26 Posts
Sign in to add your message