Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

VFR Charts - electronic

I believe (but haven’t checked) that is shows NOTAMs for today and tomorrow.

I have seen NOTAMs being shown for at least a week in advance.

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Products like SD and EVFR (and to some extent FF) are a huge benefit to flying in Europe, especially VFR but also IFR.

There is still a large % of pilots in Europe that don‘t ever fly beyond their national border. All European national providers of flight information have web sites and charts of varying degrees of quality and I dare to assume that each is taught as the primary information source during PPL training for various reasons not the least of which is local language. But a flight from Ireland to Bulgaria or Scandinavia to Spain or Greece means referencing x such information sources. If all the resources spent on this were given to a central organisation producing a single source and look-and-feel then the flying effort and cost in Europe would be closer to that in the US using FAA charts and reference documents. I see this as still being one of the primary limiting factors in GA flying across the European landscape. Of course that will never happen. So I give thanks to the providers of the 3 products above, if for no other reason than their ability to provde a single information source and help us to spend more time and effort on the flying itself.

LSZK, Switzerland

Out of curiosity, what basemap does FF use for VFR in Europe?

I think same vector map as for everywhere.

Then you can buy raster charts if you want national maps. I use the UK 500k ones.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
74 Posts
Sign in to add your message