Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Interesting development for pilots wanting to visit Tuscany - Palazzolo Sansepolcro LIQF

The airfield used to be very popular in the period between about 2005 and 2015. Here is a photo from the air, which shows the airfield and the town in the background.

I have taken the SR22 in there several times during that time (and departed again after refueling, so very close to gross weight). That was when the runway was meticulously taken care of and regarded as the best grass runway in Italy.

I am sure they will now give it a bit of TLC. After that, it will be just like any other 800 metres long grass runway that has a strong preference (but no obligation) for landings in one direction and takeoffs in the other. Here are the views from the midpoint to the north and to the south.

It would be great if the they got the Avgas pump (in my second pic) going, both technically speaking and commercially/administratively speaking. The old owner did not care about the latter, he just sold the fuel to whoever needed any…

Last Edited by boscomantico at 18 Apr 18:50
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

gallois wrote:

Anyway "meilleurs voeux,bon courage et bon vol, M. et Mdm Buckerfan et les avions.

Merci bien M Gallois, vous etes tres gentiles. Nous avons passe dix ans en Suisse (Romand – 2002-2012). L’Italie, c’est une nouvelle aventure pour nous.

Last Edited by Buckerfan at 19 Apr 18:05
Upper Harford private strip UK, near EGBJ, United Kingdom

🙂👍

France

Antonio wrote:

Have fun in your new life @Buckerfan ! I somehow have the feeling you need little encouragement for that.

Ens divertirem molt! Encara més quan puc agafar un avió vell a Sansepolcro. Catalan, in case anyone is wondering.

Once our new place and the airstrip are up and running we can have a fly in here, complete with Aussie BBQ at ours.

Upper Harford private strip UK, near EGBJ, United Kingdom

Aha! You’re on the hook Paul!

Private field, Mallorca, Spain
25 Posts
Sign in to add your message