Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Site Improvements (merged)

I have asked David to look at the items suggested so far. Most are non obvious changes but the dark mode option will be visible.

HEIC… we support that in the EuroGA airports database, along with the Canon CR2 raw format, but these don’t get a lot of use. I also wonder how well the rotation tags work on HEIC. I have seen some rotation issues and suspect Apple have broken something on the Iphone but only in certain very specific contexts which doubtless work perfectly Apple to Apple. Views?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

We have the Dark Mode done now. Look under your Preferences (need to be logged in for it to work)

Administrator

A lot of work has been done behind the scenes e.g. to make it harder for spammers to get in.

Specifying a country is now mandatory on new signups, BTW.

Administrator

This is not a bug or fix or suggestion for restrictions on members joining, but rather a wish that more members would provide information about their flying. That would make it worthwhile to do some statistic gathering on the user community. I’m thinking here about location, ULM vs SEP vs SES vs MEP vs Jet, VFR vs IFR, airfield use, fuel type, etc. Of course for those flying multiple aircraft types that might be a bit of a challenge. Just a thought.

LSZK, Switzerland

I could not agree more!

One just can’t enforce it.

Administrator

If easily achievable, what about a calendar to keep track of events like fly-ins?

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

There is the Meetups summary.

I normally do an email mailing before one of these comes near. Of course this goes only to those who have authorised email in their preferences; I suspect many are not aware of this, but I can’t really email them to tell them

Administrator

Peter wrote:

Meetups summary

I obviously never clicked on that. Thank you 😳

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

The posts appear in reverse order (newest one first) since this morning – I think it goes under “potential site improvement” but I’m not sure if it is intentional or some bug

EBGB EBKT, Belgium

I think they appear in the order in which I have added them.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message