Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Site Improvements (merged)

Nice clean interface, very good so far

I noticed that I cannot use the ampersand in a post, the text will be cut off after it. Maybe I can use it to inject SQL into the database?

Also the URL feature with square brackets around the name and parentheses around the link doesn't work for URLs that have a trailing parenthesis. It will cut off the parenthesis from the link and show it in the text instead.

Hi achimha.

I've not been able to recreate the problem with amperands. Here's one: & and here's another: &. You can also HTML character entities which use ampersands, so © should give © and indeed & should give &

Parentheses in URLs is a common issue with markdown formatting. There are a couple of ways to make it work:

Escape the parentheses:

[Blah(Blah)](http://www.google.com/blah\(blah\))

Blah(Blah)

Use reference syntax, where you put all the URLs at the end and reference them by number:

Blah(Blah)

Blah(Blah)
Administrator
EGTR / London, United Kingdom

Note, I totally cheated when composing that post and used the Preview feature which I've not actually released yet...

Administrator

Hi Dave,

thanks, I will give it another try, I thought it was the ampersand that cut off my previous posting but it must have been something else.

Another issue is that I cannot click Save when I edit a message that I posted. That is with the latest Google Chrome on a Mac. My workaround is to set the focus on the edit field and then jump to the Save button with the tab key.

Another issue is that I cannot click Save when I edit a message that I posted. That is with the latest Google Chrome on a Mac. My workaround is to set the focus on the edit field and then jump to the Save button with the tab key.

Try it again now?

Administrator

Working fine now. Thank you!

And now you too can Preview Post. Look ↓

Administrator

The edit functionality seems a little counter intuitive - when I hit edit I get a blank text box below the post, and the previous version comes up in the text box at the bottom.

If I use the bottom text box and hit submit, I of course simply duplicate my post...

Also, can I request a delete button?

** I'm using Chrome on a mac

EGEO

jwoolard, that sounds weird and certainly isn't meant to be what is happening. When you hit edit a blank text box should appear, followed a split second later by that same box having the original contents of your post. That's what was happening yesterday, but things are moving pretty fast at the moment so I'll look at it again shortly. Standby.

Administrator

jwoolard, could you try the Edit thing again please? Should be fixed now.

Administrator
140 Posts
Sign in to add your message