Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Aerobrief FS app

Hi all,

we just got this new app on our work phones, Aerobrief FS. For those avid IFR tourers among you this is a great little tool showing CTOTs, slot times, TSAT windows, ready message status etc. It comes with a cost, about 20€ per year. I do not know if there has to be some sort of corporate account in the background, as it validated with my company email, but it’s available on the Apple Store.

LEBL, Spain

What does it do for a GA flight?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

We are flying corporate. Our flightplans are often filed last minute. No scheduled flights here. And we’re operating also to small airfields with no slot coordination, however we often get CTOTs there due to ATC capacity etc. Maybe I’m wrong, but for example later today, we’re flying from Split to somewhere in Greece. A mission perfectly doable with your TB20, only difference is the size of the aircraft.

So coming back to your question, it could help as it will show you any delay right away.

And just for the record, I have no personal interest in this app!

Last Edited by Alex at 11 Aug 06:58
LEBL, Spain

OK, but any Eurocontrol IFR flight plan filing system (the Autorouter, for example) will route CTOT messages to you anyway.

What would be handy would be an app which works out which ATC sectors are running industrial action that day and modifies your flight plan with a VFR section through there, but that’s a lot more difficult

Administrator

Touché. We have something in between called Ops Planning, but they get those messages, we don’t. We will get an email from them telling us yadayadayada 😉

As for the sectors going crazy…. That’s another story!

LEBL, Spain

I googled on “Touché” and really don’t understand the issue here. I questioned the use of the app, and not just because the world is filling up with “apps”.

A filing agency which doesn’t pass on CTOT messages is completely useless, because CTOTs are very common.

Administrator

@Peter don’t try to translate “touchée”. In this case it is common parlance. You responded witj the same information from a different, more normal source which Alex may not have known about, a bit like in fencing where somebody parries a strike and then makes a successful counterstrike. Clumsy explanation I am afraid but explaining common parlance is always difficult🙂

France

Peter wrote:

I googled on “Touché” and really don’t understand the issue here.

You like to link in dictionaries so much, just didn’t look into (English) Wiktionary? From https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/touch%C3%A9#Interjection

1. (fencing) An acknowledgement of a hit.
  2. An acknowledgement of the validity, appropriateness or superiority of an opponent’s argument or statement in a discussion.
ELLX
8 Posts
Sign in to add your message