Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Unable to access EAD Eurocontrol

Skylane-pilot wrote:

Firefox worked on the same PC

Installed Firefox, and it worked indeed thanks. I wonder why Opera don’t work. There has to be something fishy about the Eurocontrol server.

Peter wrote:

As I said, you can get the Eurocontrol AIPs via the EuroGA airport database.

Didn’t know that. But it only seems to be a subset of approach plates etc ?

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

LeSving wrote:

Installed Firefox, and it worked indeed thanks. I wonder why Opera don’t work. There has to be something fishy about the Eurocontrol server.

@LeSving, seen that before as client & proxy caching issues on Eurocontrol EAD wesite – list of things is available, but PDFs failed to load. Years ago.
Also seen that when the traffic inspection system went nuts.

EGTR

I wonder why Opera don’t work

The probable answer is that web programmers don’t bother to test their websites with it. These are EuroGA browser usage stats:

So you can see most coders won’t even bother to test with Firefox. This is a fast moving business, dominated by young people who tend to “live for today”

And most websites today are built with code libraries (“frameworks”) which in turn are developed by the same sort of people who are here today and working somewhere else (more interesting) tomorrow. It is a bloody nightmare if you are trying to run a website

Opera was last big on Symbian, which died about 10 years ago.

But it only seems to be a subset of approach plates etc ?

It should list the aerodrome AIPs and no others. For example for Prague LKPR you get

The usual limitations apply e.g. Germany keeps its VFR charts secret unless you pay some €€€

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
13 Posts
Sign in to add your message