Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Ipad apps and providers for IAC / IAP charts other than Jeppesen ?

PapaPapa wrote:

Note : I was not looking for Jepp plates, but for IAC+enroute (in general) usable in a practical way on an iPad for Europe.
so we have :

Jepp (direct or through FF)
EAD (direct, autorouter/bot, EuroGA AirportDB, I think SkyDemon too)
Navblue (expensive)
Lido (expensive)
gCAP (not Europe)

You can add FF to the EAD list. FF Europe subscription includes EAD charts in the Basic Plus subscription for $100, geo-referenced and overlaid on the map with the Pro Plus subscription for $200.

LSZK, Switzerland

chflyer wrote:

You can add FF to the EAD list.

And Garmin Pilot (Premium subscription).

ELLX

I think quite a lot of apps can serve the AIP plates.

You can get them in bulk from EAD’s B2B interface – if there is money available to pay for it. I used to know the costs when I was involved with the Autorouter but don’t remember now.

Then you need to pay someone “cheap” to georeference them. There may be some “standard” for georef PDFs (like there is for TIFFs etc) but AFAIK the AIP PDFs are not georeferenced. This is a lot of work and would be feasible only in the context of a ~ €100/year product.

Whereas with jeppesen terminal charts you get georeferencing automatically, in the tablet app, or in the old windows moving map products (which I believe still work after all the years).

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Skydemon georeferenced most of the AIP plates. Flew recently to ELLX with radar vectors works very well. The only negative feedback I have it the bad SD HMI to view them as instrument approach overlay. Also you need to refresh the plate to assure you have the latest version.

EBST

@eddsPeter : thanks for the tip !
I used to be in France but then dropped it somehow

I’m would still revert to France + BELUX coverage since I absolutely can’t wrap my head around the price of the new “all Europe” coverage, even with 15% off
It’s still 300€ more than the old “Europe” coverage

ELLX (Luxembourg), Luxembourg
25 Posts
Sign in to add your message