Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Ipad apps and providers for IAC / IAP charts other than Jeppesen ?

Peter wrote:

It seems certain that under the deal that was done Jeppesen are paying the CAAs some $$$ for republishing the data

Well on that one I can confirm that if you are considered a commercial company, they will ask or a fee for that data.
so whoever it is you are (including jepp) they will calculate a fee

it happened to this guy : http://francois.fouchet.free.fr/Navigation/history.htm (see news for Navigation 2.18.31 : 18 octobre 2018)

I have to says that beyond that, I am failing to understand the price gap between the Jepp coverage(s) in Europe and… any other actually

ELLX (Luxembourg), Luxembourg

Amazing!

Jepp charge what they do (in Europe) because the AIP charts are crap.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

because the AIP charts are crap.

There intended use was not foreseen to be in the cockpit but to fulfill the Annex 15 requirements.

EBST

Peter wrote:

Jepp charge what they do (in Europe) because the AIP charts are crap.

What’s wrong with the IAP charts?
I’ve been taught to fly the procedures using those…

EGTR

Vref wrote:

the Annex 15 requirements.

Annex 15 does recommend the plates be in A5 format.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

arj1 wrote:

What’s wrong with the IAP charts?
I’ve been taught to fly the procedures using those…

They’re bulky (A4 format) and there both subtle and not-so-subtle differences between countries.

Digitalisation of the IAP information is a trigger for further harmonisation and products, as long this data is not available it’s business as usual Jepp Lido for the transport category and the poor man using AIP plates layover on skydemon.

EBST

@PapaPapa Maybe it is worth to have a look on your AOPA website. The AOPA Germany has established a very good relationship with Jeppesen. Therefore Jeppesen offers a 15% discount on their products to AOPA Germany members. You can get this for your avionics bundles as well as for the JeppFD Charts on your iPad. It doesn’t work with ForeFlight and the Jeppesen Chart sold by ForeFlight. But it works, if you buy a ForeFlight subscription and activate one of your Jeppesen „seats“ afterwords in ForeFlight. This might help. So if you are not AOPA member yet, it is worth to think about.

EDDS , Germany

eddsPeter wrote:

Therefore Jeppesen offers a 15% discount on their products to AOPA Germany members.

I believe this applies to all European AOPA members. I got the 15% this year as a member of AOPA Sweden.

Airborne_Again wrote:

They’re bulky (A4 format) and there both subtle and not-so-subtle differences between countries.

Yes, they are bulky and it was pretty inconvenient using them in paper form. However, using geo-referenced AIP plates in FF, where you can zoom in and out, looks pretty ok. I’ve been using this setup for few years and I don’t see major drawbacks except lack of consistence between different countries.

Last Edited by Emir at 23 Sep 07:23
LDZA LDVA, Croatia
Sign in to add your message