Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Update on Prague (sightseeing)

Hello Czech flyers

I am finally going to Prague (Vodochody) this week end and want to take my nephews for a scenic tour after landing.
Arriving Friday April 6th, leaving Monday. Weather looks amazing.
Can you recommend some interesting things to go look at in VFR?
Any other tips and ideas?

Thank you!

LSGG, LFEY, Switzerland

Hello Flyingfish! Here´s the clasic:

You get to see president´s residence in Lany, Krivoklat and Karlstejn castles, Pruhonice park and castle, Bezdez castle ruins, Macha´s lake… Say about one hour trip. There´s much more possibilities.
The scenic city center can be done (by foot only) in a few hours. PM me for any help.

Prague
Czech Republic

I second the suggestion. By the way, most of these points are easy to spot and present a basic exercise in true visual navigation without a GPS. In fact, this route is what one may be asked to fly on an exam.

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

Sold! Thank you guys!

LSGG, LFEY, Switzerland

A little further south of Prague is Pribram (where I lived 1960-1969) and there is a huge church on a hill called Svata Hora.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

take a note of Prague half marathon on Saturday; not an issue for flying but traffic downtown Prague may be close to impossible until later in the afternoon

on arrival from the south the Vltava river and its multiple dams are quite popular VFR sightseeing places

CenturionFlyer
LKLT

Thanks again and greetings from Prague.
I did not even know I was landing at the premises of the company that builds military trainer jets! We had a lovely scenic flight with competent company – navigating and communicating made simple by a friendly local ATC controller on board!

LSGG, LFEY, Switzerland
7 Posts
Sign in to add your message