Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Trying to buy can be so frustrating...

If you’re anything like me you peruse the web looking at all those aircraft for sale and day dreaming about various possibilities. Of course you finally decide it’s time to test the depth of the water with both feet and then the frustration begins.

Drove three hours to see an aircraft and agreed to buy subject an inspection, owner was going to email bank details so we could send a deposit. Then it became difficult to get hold of him and then after a bit of a run around he decided he couldn’t sell it – too emotionally attached.

Heard of a 50% share in a type we really like, went to see and liked what we saw. The aircraft wasn’t getting used very much and one of the owners didn’t fly it at all so increased utility should be a good thing for all concerned . Except we couldn’t agree a price, not even close.

Found a good example of what we wanted in Switzerland and the price was a fair starting point, EU vat paid the advert said – except the aircraft had been in Switzerland for more than three years so that didn’t count anymore and unfortunately the 20% UK VAT put it over budget.

Then there was the gen 1 TB20 that was lovely if you were no more than ‘average’ height – I’m not that tall at 6’2” but there was no way I could get comfortable

What is it with those who advertise on planecheck, aircraft24, afors etc who simply do not reply to enquiries – ever.

We’ve got a sensible budget for the types we’re looking for but getting nowhere fast.

If anybody knows of a Commander 114, C or F182 (P or Q) or maybe Bonanza A36 of around 1980 vintage with a high time engine (the only Bonanza that fits in our budget) then please message me and save my sanity!

Last Edited by Xlr8tr at 24 Jun 17:09
EGLL, EGLF, EGLK, United Kingdom

I saw that A36 for sale
https://www.aviation-pilote.com/avion-beechcraft-36-bonanza-a36/

It made me dream a little, but I guess it would be more useful to you

LFOU, France

Not unique experiences. I had a guy deciding not to sell anyway after having spent 2 full days with him, agreed a price, spent quite a bit of money on the pre-buy inspection and having paid deposit. Eventually got the money back. Then another plane is for sale through an agent, but I can’t get them to engage in a dialog about it.

Frustrating to say the least, but clearly the economies are doing well….

EGTR

@jujupilote,

I tried hard to see that aircraft but no response to my enquiries and I believe it has now been sold – But yes, that would have been perfect

In the year 2019… simply send a whatsapp message to the seller. Is your aircraft still for sale?

Go from there.

I spent 50% of my time buying, and 50% of my time selling. Either way you have to kiss alot of frogs.

Buying, Selling, Flying
EISG, Ireland

I have a 1978 Reims Cessna FR 182 Skylane RG coming for sale soon…

Abeam the Flying Dream
EBKT, western Belgium, Belgium
WilliamF24-Jun-19 17:31 05
In the year 2019… simply send a whatsapp message to the seller. Is your aircraft still for sale?

Go from there.

I spent 50% of my time buying, and 50% of my time selling. Either way you have to kiss alot of frogs

I’m using text, whatsapp, email and website form enquiries.

Niner_Mike24-Jun-19 17:34 06
I have a 1978 Reims Cessna FR 182 Skylane RG coming for sale soon

Please message me the details

What websites are people using? These are the ones I know of for Europe:

planecheck.com
Aircraft24.de
Ukga.com
Afors.com
Controller.com (US mostly, but European based comes up)

Am I missing any?

EGTR

Those are the ones I’m using

Facebook draws loads of reactions !

Abeam the Flying Dream
EBKT, western Belgium, Belgium
31 Posts
Sign in to add your message