Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Trip advice - Belgium/Flanders and a bit further south

obviously people are different

Yes indeed, and isn’t that a good thing? Myself always liked and appreciated good manners. Which made me so enthusiastic when this forum started up, announcing good manners as a point of importance.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

My apologies for not coming back with a response! And a huge thanks for the advice, we really do appreciate it a lot. I am usually much more active on the forum after posting, but in this less this time so due to “life”, hence my lack of posting.

We will plan the details in the coming weeks, I’ll post an update when we know more. It looks like it will be a great couple of days though! Again thx!

Yes indeed, and isn’t that a good thing? Myself always liked and appreciated good manners. Which made me so enthusiastic when this forum started up, announcing good manners as a point of importance.

I think a number of people are puzzled by your direction. What on earth are you talking about?

We have about 175k posts since we started up in Oct 2012. Most people come back after posting a question; usually with supplementary questions. Usually not right away; most people have a life, off the internet. You started moaning on the 3rd day…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

We have about 175k posts since we started up in Oct 2012

Peter, one of the best things about this forum is that you can get good local information from people who are there and have already done it and can point you in the right direction, that information is invaluable, and for that, we thank you and the other contributors.

We will plan the details in the coming weeks, I’ll post an update when we know more.

Do keep us posted indeed, Martin, and excuse my little impatience.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Hej all,

We did a short planning yesterday and we will aim for EBKT, it seems to be a really nice place, so thanks for suggesting it! Plan B is Zell am See / LOWZ depending on the weather. Since we will do biking, we want decent weather and temperatues (I know, we’re picky hehe).

Heading south to Belgium we will most likely stop for fuel and food at Paderborn/EDLP, we’ve been there before. For EBKT, is it possible to pay for fuel using Carnet, VISA/AMEX or is it cash only? For Zell am See we will most likely go with Hof-Plauen EDQM.

I also Googled for bike rental in Kortrijk however I didn’t find any place that rents our road bikes, anyone here with a road bike interest that might be able to guide us?

Thanks again!

Hello Martin,

EBKT Avgas is via a self-serve pump at the base of the tower, using credit cards or debit cards, no Carnets or cash. Be advised, the card will ‘reserve’ a certain amount of Euros (I think about 125€) pump the fuel until this amount is reached and then stop. No panic, put your card in once more and get another quantity of fuel. Only the exact amount will be deducted from your card.

Here is the link to the tourist bureau: https://www.toerismekortrijk.be/en can rent bikes there too: Toerisme bureau. Be sure to buy the cycling network maps from there. Get the cycling maps ‘Leiestreek’, ‘Westhoek’ and maybe ‘Mijnenslag van 1917’

You can also take the train from Kortrijk to Ieper, Brugge, Gent and rent a blue bike at the station of arrival, :Blue Bike.

Let me know your time/dat of arrival, maybe I can help.

EBKT

dirkdj wrote:

You can also take the train from Kortrijk to Ieper, Brugge, Gent and rent a blue bike at the station of arrival, :Blue Bike.

Of course you don’t really want to do that, all you really want to see is Antwerp. All the rest is parking really… :-)

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France

LFHNflightstudent wrote:

Of course you don’t really want to do that, all you really want to see is Antwerp. All the rest is parking really… :-)

Haha same thing in Sweden, anything above Skåne is probably inhabited areas, not worth visiting ;)

ps. Don’t know why the same sentence is written twice. Forum bug? ds.

Last Edited by martin-esmi at 26 Apr 14:24

It was the line beginning with the “Haha..” that was causing the issue – that format clashes with what we use for the text processor whereby for example you can use “p.” to mark a new paragraph. I’m not actually sure off the top of my head why “haha..” would cause a duplicate, but I’m sure that’s the source. Take out the dots (as I have done on the post above) and it goes away.

Administrator
EGTR / London, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message