Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Fuel stop in Sweden

Try ESMK. 2km asphalt. No handling, no landing fee if you just write your name in the register at the club, 100LL available at the club 2.4€ (91UL self-serve BP on the apron). There is a restaurant in the terminal building 300m away, or simpler food at the club.

ESMK, Sweden

I am quite convinced Västervik (ESSW) is 800 meters, not 1199. Otherwise, I would definitely plan for hard surface this time of the year.

Many good suggestions. Can you be abit more precise on which area is the better for you to stop? Maybe share your route? “South/Central Sweden” is a pretty wide definition.

ESOW, Sweden

Can anyone comment on ESMZ – is it open in november? Or recommend some other fuel stop near Kalmar, which unfortunately seems not to have AVGAS anymore. Actually I could use all kind of gas – 91UL,mogas, avgas..

EETU, Estonia

Interesting. Why do airports like Kalmar stop selling 100LL altogether? Not good…

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

boscomantico wrote:

Why do airports like Kalmar stop selling 100LL altogether? Not good…

Probably because most piston aircraft use unleaded AVGAS, which is cheaper, more environmentally friendly and better for the engine. Providing 100LL in addition to unleaded AVGAS could be seen as an unnecessary cost.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

ivark wrote:

Can anyone comment on ESMZ – is it open in november?

ESMZ is PPR October-April (phone +46705794736) probably because of field conditions. It doesn’t have snow removal.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Sure, Swedes like their 91/94UL, but in this case, it‘s not that 100LL has been replaced by 91/94UL. Just no Avgas anymore whatsoever. Is there no flying school and/or aeroclub anymore??

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

I think there is AVGAS (91/*96*UL or “higher”) at most major airports, at least in the southern parts. Which one are you looking at?

ESSL, Sweden

At first I was looking at Kalmar ,as I have used it before, but discovered the NOTAM that 100LL permanently removed. Next I looked at ESMK- which had a pilot note in SD that AVGAS no longer available, NOTAM will be published soon. OK, ESDF seems to have all kind of fuels..

EETU, Estonia

Where are you going? ESSW is by far the most convenient place to refuel in that area. No landing fee and self service fuel pump(100LL and Jet A-1) with VISA/Mastercard. You should just call Ralph(+46705935777) to let him know that you are coming so he can perform or guide you to perform the daily inspection/draining of the tank.

ESSZ, Sweden
Sign in to add your message