Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Nice and friendly GA Airports in the area of Montpellier LFMT / Perpignan LFMP / Beziers LFMU

I’ve got a reply from Perpignan saying they accept the email notification, but “next time” could you use the app

Also got a nice reply from Beziers saying there is also someone to help with the pump. They need passport details for everyone.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

This is a joke surely?

Administrator

What is “basic traffic”? Were you not a “basic traffic”?

Addon after reading the French version. They meant “not based”.

Last Edited by lionel at 20 Sep 12:13
ELLX

Unless you are refuelling on the spot of the self-serve pump and then leave immediately, you need a parking space. But yes, reminding you of the three days PN requirement when you actually gave them two (in the middle of the week!) is ridiculous. But I am sure it is not a joke.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

For refuel stop only you need to comply with 3 days for parking? also what is ‘Basic Traffic’? something related to traffic landing to have “basic human needs” that are done with aircraft doors closed? I had the impression it’s also not possible in many big airports you need to be handled, go through security/police and pay fortunes for handlers

Reminds me of dropping Mrs in front of fuel pump or front of tower at Caen when they had parking Notams, ATC/OPS went crazy about it !

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

For some reason I did not see the crazy notam during original planning.

Does Beziers have a similar problem?

Another good airport bites the dust.

I told them in my email that I can’t speak French so may not be able to use a French only pump.

Administrator

LFMT presently has the crazy number of 32 active NOTAMs. And while most of them are obstacle ones, there is a handful of important ones, which are then difficult to spot.

This also means that I cannot stay overnight if there is a delay and I cannot reach Shoreham before 8pm local closing time. I will be stuck at LFMT for the 3 days.

LICP – LFMT – EGKA between 0700Z and 1800Z. Doable so long as nothing goes wrong.

Administrator

Peter, you can only conclude, that the range of your TB 20 is still insufficient Seriously – hopefully this NOTAM rubbish will end soon, otherwise the (good) rating of this GA friendly airport will decrease rapidly…

EDLE

This also means that I cannot stay overnight if there is a delay and I cannot reach Shoreham before 8pm local closing time. I will be stuck at LFMT for the 3 days.

I don‘t think so. The three days are for parking. So, rather to the contrary; you won‘t be stuck, but they could theoretically ask you to leave, since you have now only requested permission for a fuel stop.

However, im practice they won‘t. Montpellier is not GA-busy in September.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 20 Sep 13:48
Sign in to add your message