Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Nice and friendly GA Airports in the area of Montpellier LFMT / Perpignan LFMP / Beziers LFMU

AeroPlus wrote:

Avignon is always nice as well and convenient with the hotel nearby if you need a stop-over for the night.

Avignon customs have lately been picky, requiring PPR for arriving from and leaving to any other country, and also coming to check PCR tests from crews (only PIC being exempt). In their opinion, they are the only ones correctly applying the laws in France.

Buckerfan wrote:

Moral of the story, dont enter the country by the “back door” by mistake.

I’ve only had bad experiences with Béziers (discussion about MTOM of a <2t Seneca, lengthy PPR discussions, general attitude issues about their parking and yes the Schengen thingy), so I would say moral of the story, don’t go there if you can avoid. YMMV.

You don’t happen to be a Barclaycard customer?

No; never had that one. It was two other CC outfits which blocked it. One I resolved (so far) and the other remains blocked because I won’t do another 2hr+ phone call unless I have nothing better to do

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

LFMP is hassle free you can do all PPR & payment on one app myDz.fr, you will get access code to GA terminal, fuel is at 20min at aircraft taxi speeds with Total Card and you can exit via aeroclub but you can’t park there, not sure where does one need to see customs, I did not need them last time but it will be tough to find them unless you go to main commercial terminal?

Last Edited by Ibra at 05 Jun 20:03
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

For info, I got back home OK

Now got to spend a couple of hours on the phone to the morons at Halifax to get my “foreign trips” card unlocked

Administrator

Does anyone have any recent experience of using Beziers LFMU for a quick refuel and customs/immigration?

Is there someone to assist with the fuel pump (for a non French speaker )?

I am having a bit of fun emailing Perpignan LFMP regarding this. Three email addresses listed in the AIP. The main one:

One of the others (possibly the fueller) is super-secure

Administrator

They have English speaking apron/terminal staff at LFMU who (I guess) are capable of helping in translating the instructions. You may send question about operating the pump when announcing your arrival (24h PPR for non-Schengen). I’ve always got reply on recent pricing, availability etc. Working hours are specified in NOTAM.

Regarding my recent experience, May 2021, 25 min total for immigration, refueling and paying the fees (€15).

Last Edited by Emir at 26 Sep 08:37
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Reading AIP one can see that their “main” email address is [email protected]

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Those screenshots were re LFMP.

Administrator

I am having a bit of fun emailing Perpignan LFMP regarding this. Three email addresses listed in the AIP. The main one

LFMP has moved in 2020 from edis/transdev (private operator) back to region ocetanie (cci public style), I think that email is dead now?

The good news no one give a toss about what you do down there

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message