Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Nice and friendly GA Airports in the area of Montpellier LFMT / Perpignan LFMP / Beziers LFMU

Buckerfan wrote:

These guys threatened to arrest me for entering France without going through immigration on the way in!!

Entering France from Ibiza you don’t need to pass immigration – it’s Schengen area. Actually, you can walk out of the airport talking to nobody. In theory customs can ask questions because they have authority all over country’s territory but that’s not related with crossing the border.

Buckerfan wrote:

Moral of the story, dont enter the country by the “back door” by mistake.

No. Moral of the story is that you can always find the people who don’t understand their job and don’t know much about it. You haven’t entered France via any kind of “back door” and you haven’t made any mistake.

Last Edited by Emir at 05 Jun 13:25
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Buckerfan wrote:

from Ibiza to refuel and officially “leave” the Schengen zone. The nice airport lady met us at the plane and took us into the terminal. Then out to customs and immigration for the departure. These guys threatened to arrest me for entering France without going through immigration on the way in!!

Immigration on an intra-Schengen flight!? What were they thinking?

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

There have been numerous schengen suspensions recently.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

There have been numerous schengen suspensions recently.

This was “a couple of years ago”.

Well, one can play with words around the word “suspension” – some reading here. The CV19 measures are absolutely suspensions, if not actually called that by name.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

The CV19 measures are absolutely suspensions, if not actually called that by name.

There were definitely no CV19 measures 2019 or earlier.

Obviously I knew at the time that I didnt need to “enter” Schengen coming from Ibiza. But the immigration and customs guys got seriously upset with us and the airport official that we had entered the terminal without checking with them on the way in. Bizarre.

Upper Harford private strip UK, near EGBJ, United Kingdom

Four years ago France was still under a State of Emergency following the 2015 terror attacks and Schengen was indeed suspended if you traveled by air (but not by train or car) – of course you couldn’t know that from the AIP or the NOTAMs…

EGTF, LFTF

Peter wrote:

because last night my 2nd credit card was blocked

You don’t happen to be a Barclaycard customer? I have several credit cards, but the one from Barclay always tend to get blocked by their artificial stupidity… last time it was because I had transactions from Foreflight, Skydemon and an airport on it I think.

Alex_ wrote:

It may have changed in the last year or so but I would not even recommend it to my worst enemy especially with young children!

It does, you can request PPR and pay your landing fees online now at LFMP. You can modify the arrival and departure times, and it calculates the resulting fee for you, which you then pay by credit card. After payment, you get the code for the turnstile displayed that you need to get through on the north GA apron. The only airport personnel I had to see on a recent stop there was the fueler, who were so nice as to come out to the north apron (not always possible but for us they did come).

We did notify customs of our arrival from outside France though and even came prepared with PCR tests. They didn’t show up.

Last Edited by Rwy20 at 05 Jun 19:32
Sign in to add your message