Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Nice and friendly GA Airports in the area of Montpellier LFMT / Perpignan LFMP / Beziers LFMU

The French message says to call +33 8 25 830 003 (extra expensive number with surcharge 12¢/min). That number then says “press 2 for English”. The AIP also contains the number +33 4 67 65 10 70 for the fuel station.

I pressed 1 for French and got the following information:

• They have avgas and accept VISA.
  • One must do a “flight notification” to the email address [email protected]; they forward to the Customs / Border Force and the latters decide whether they come talk to you or not.
  • Questions around PCR tests, quarantine, etc should be asked to the same email address in the same email as the flight notification, they will forward the question to the Customs/Border force, and forward the answer back.

Given the answers above, I didn’t press the UK issue specifically, I suggest to address it in the same email.

Last Edited by lionel at 04 Jun 06:41
ELLX

@lionel beat me to it.

France

Many thanks. I have emailed LFMT. I will still try to fly direct LDLO-EGKA because it avoids the “entrapment” risk if there is any issue there. I’ve had too many “3 hour experiences” at French and Spanish airports

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

No luck:

-— The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -

< [email protected] >

I am re-sending to [email protected]

Administrator

Huge problems with Orange in France at the moment, I’ll try again later if you aren’t already sorted.

France

Peter wrote:

No luck:
-— The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -—

< [email protected] >

I am re-sending to [email protected]

Yes, typo, sorry.

ELLX

As long as you do a tech stop even in France, they don’t give a shit about PCR tests…
I did lot of them in lot of countries since Covid and everybody working the same way. TechStop don’t care. Fuel and goodby.

LFPT Pontoise, LFPB

I agree 100% with the principle; the risk is if something delays the departure from there, and you have to stay the night.

Administrator

Got this reply, which does not sound good.

I don’t think they “got” that this is a fuel stop.

I think I will avoid landing anywhere, except possibly LFQQ if very low on fuel.

No idea how to do a “detailed gendec”.

Administrator

Emir uses LFMU with quick stops.

LFOU, France
Sign in to add your message