Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Tortoli Arbatax (LIET)

Finally, it is opening! ENAV has published the airport data in AIRAC 05-23, which will be effective 15/06/2023. In fact, the airport plans to open on that date. Some infos, although some of them are to be taken as very preliminary, also because some of the info in the AIRAC is already highly contradicting:

• ICAO code: LIET (as previously)
  • VFR only
  • no ATS
  • fuel not yet available, but both JetA and 100LL planned
  • airport will be PPR. Remember, Italy has not yet implemented the new ICAO firefighting rules, hence, as this is an aeroporto, it will require firefighting service for every operation.
  • fees are already published: 25€ landing fee (ok), 30€ parking fee per night (a bit high)
  • apparently, both non-EU and non-Schengen flights will be possible in the future

The website, including the PPR form, is already up and running: https://www.aeroportotortoli.eu/ppr/

Let’s hope it will remain open longer than Lecce-Lepore…

Last Edited by boscomantico at 23 May 08:49
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

boscomantico wrote:

30€ parking fee per night (a bit high)

It is a bit high but as long as it’s 30€ per night and not 30€ per night per ton, it’s acceptable.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

We will have to wait and see anyway what the odds of getting approval for a few days parking in summer (it‘s not a kind of place where you just make a short stop) will be. The apron is tiny, and while I guess that they will micro-manage it (in contrast to the airline airports), they still won‘t be able to accomodate a lot of aircraft.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

boscomantico wrote:

The website, including the PPR form, is already up and running: https://www.aeroportotortoli.eu/ppr/

Having page in English would be helpful, although it’s not complicated to translate from Italian.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

30€ per night per ton, it’s acceptable

Might be acceptable to you… will not be for me. For my 749kg MTOM steed that is outrageously expensive, and so is the landing fee.
Before its closure the field was affordable, but now I’ll stick to one of those Aviosuperficie, most of them luckily still acceptable

Non ti revedrò più Tortoli, peccato.

Last Edited by Dan at 23 May 20:04
Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

The price details seem to be here:

https://www.aeroportotortoli.eu/dati-aeronautici/

30 Euro / night parking (after 5 days it seems to go down to 15 Euro) is not super cheap but in end we have to make sure airports can make a living. Imagine how much land it uses right next to the sea and how many villas you could build there and sell them to people in need of money laundering…

The next question is what about rental cars. To make it a real nice destination for a longer stay some rental car solution should be available.

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

Sebastian_G wrote:

Imagine how much land it uses right next to the sea and how many villas you could build there and sell them to people in need of money laundering…

Looking at the airport location – right on the beach, you’re absolutely right.

The next question is what about rental cars. To make it a real nice destination for a longer stay some rental car solution should be available.

Rental car office in the town is practically walking distance from the airport – 15 min.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Dan wrote:

Might be acceptable to you…

Nobody will spend a month there and bringing this cost in large picture of total cost of such trip/vacation gives different perspective.

Sardinia is definitely a place to visit and each airport has it’s own peculiarities: Olbia is expensive in general but you get top-model female ground staff, Cagliari is expensive and you get nothing except a bit cheaper fuel, Alghero is a bit cheaper but the fuel is super-expensive, Oristano was closed this winter waiting for bankruptcy case to be solved.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Nice to see it is reopening. Amazing to think it was 5-1/2 years ago when I was there and started the thread.

Land value is an interesting topic. it was seemingly not enough to see the airport land used for another purpose over 15 years of inexplicable closure. Most of Sardenga is not a high land value place, but obviously the beach areas are different to varying degrees. Tortoli was not an attractive town or even close, but landing at the airport and staying at one of Arbatax beachside resorts could be great.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 24 May 17:03

25€ landing fee (ok), 30€ parking fee per night (a bit high)

There are obviously different categories of wealth displayed here on EuroGA…
Should I have to sell my airplane now, and thanks to the crazy market appreciation of the last couple of years (a slowly deflating bubble today), I could expect it to reach say €100K.
Assuming 1 landing and 1 night stay = €55. Now dividing the value of my airplane by 55 equals 1818. This being of course a simple ratio of an airplane’s value against the price of 1 landing + 1 parking.

OTOH posters finding these fees of good value will fly there with an aircraft easily worth 10X, or much more, the value of mine. The ratio will definitely be different…

One of my best friends is not only a pro pilot, but also a Sardinian, and still has a house in Arbatax, so I used to go there quite regularly. They had some ad hoc charter flights, so if staying overnight one already had to park on the grass since the apron is rather small. Not sure of the fees as they were, but certainly not any close to this.

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland
Sign in to add your message