Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Advice on Amsterdam?

You seem to get them in Germany & NL. But yeah, this is a terminal charge which Autorouter says you’ll get.

Qualified PPL with IR SP/SE PBN
EGSG, United Kingdom

I’ve got a bill from Eurocontrol too, after landing at Maastricht-Aachen Airport (EHBK) in both 2017 and 2019, while flying VFR. It’s the ATC approach fee you need to pay, which for example Germany handles directly through the DFS, if you land at an EDD* airport, like Düsseldorf or Dresden. Switzerland, Austria and smaller German airports invoice these fees directly at the airport itself, e.g. “Skyguide” or “AustroControl” approach charges. These apply to both VFR and IFR traffic.

Last Edited by Frans at 19 Mar 15:11
Switzerland

Yes this is how some larger airports in the Netherlands handle landing fees. I get a monthly bill from Eurocontrol for my landings at EHRD as it’s my home base.

EHRD, Netherlands

It’s a terminal charge indeed, got the same in 2022 – may be EHAM specific or all controlled airports in NL, but it is applied regardless of MTOM and of flight rules (mine was VFR)

Last Edited by Tango at 19 Mar 13:30
EBGB EBKT, Belgium

Blimey, is this a new charge and is it on top of route chargesbif one flies over 2 tonne?

France

Terminal charges? I got a €17.90 bill for Dutch terminal charges for an IFR flight from Rotterdam (no charge for the inbound flight, though).

EGTF, United Kingdom

Why did you get a Eurocontrol bill? Weren’t you in a DA40 less than 2 tonnes.

France

By the way, just got the £18 bill for Eurocontrol for this flight.

EGSG, United Kingdom

Emir wrote:

Thanks for the report. Cheaper than majority of Croatian airports which are considerably smaller than EHAM.

That’s mental. Great airport and experience, not something I’ll do often.

EGSG, United Kingdom

Thanks for the report. Cheaper than majority of Croatian airports which are considerably smaller than EHAM.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia
85 Posts
Sign in to add your message