Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Advice on Amsterdam?

Sounds like EHAM is the only real option. I’ll give Aviapartner and KLM a call next week and see what I can learn.

EHLE, Netherlands

does anyone have an update on this? Need to drop someone off on my way to the UK from LFHN… Good way to clear customs there too and be nice to have Schiphol in my logbook :-)

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France

It is straight forward, but you should study the AIP as you are expected to switch frequencies sometimes yourselves without instruction from the tower and in other cases you wait until instructed. It is all clearly explained in the AIP. Other than that the frequency of Schiphol Approach can be very busy, they are professional and accommodating. The Jet Centre is great and you in Amsterdam in no time.

I have recorded one flight in a Piper Archer 3 about six years ago going from Lelystad to Schiphol and after I had just passed my initial checkride for my instrument rating. I will post it below.



EDLE, Netherlands

Just as a reference, some videos of an SR22 that recently flew to Schipol.
The arrival :


The departure :


LFPT, LFEH

I’ve just emailed Aviapartner. I’ll await a cost for a visit in Mid-Nov, but someone’s informed me I am looking at 600EUR? What on earth? Any recent ones that haven’t filled in the airport form?

Should hopefully get a response in AM.

Last Edited by pilotrobbie at 17 Oct 21:18
Qualified PPL with IR SP/SE PBN
EGSG, United Kingdom

I thought Jet Aviation was the GA handler at Schiphol. Even at €600 it would be significantly cheaper than Gatwick or Frankfurt.

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

That sounds way too much. If you’re coming with a SEP, it should be around €350 for a full-stop landing and departure with handling. Still a lot of money, but ‘doable’ for such an airport. There is also no security check, at the GA-terminal. For those how just like to have EHAM “in the books”, a free touch & go can be arranged with a pre-arrangement with ATC.

EDKM, LSZC

Avia partner responded, 370EUR incl 1x passenger fee. Not bad when I would only do it sparingly each year, maybe once a year rather than fly airline.

When you mean no security check, you mean not like DUS which has security or no customs?

Peter_Mundy wrote:

I thought Jet Aviation was the GA handler at Schiphol. Even at €600 it would be significantly cheaper than Gatwick or Frankfurt.

Frans wrote:

That sounds way too much. If you’re coming with a SEP, it should be around €350 for a full-stop landing and departure with handling. Still a lot of money, but ‘doable’ for such an airport. There is also no security check, at the GA-terminal. For those how just like to have EHAM “in the books”, a free touch & go can be arranged with a pre-arrangement with ATC.

If I ring ATC a free ILS can be booked? As I may need to do that for other reason on a different day :)

Last Edited by pilotrobbie at 18 Oct 14:28
Qualified PPL with IR SP/SE PBN
EGSG, United Kingdom

If you are landing I cannot see that the approach would be free.

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

Peter_Mundy wrote:

If you are landing I cannot see that the approach would be free.

No I am thinking of doing an ILS there before heading elsewhere on a different flight for a different reason. I.e into AMS then fly off elsewhere.

You suggest that asking ATC, and that if you don’t land, it’s possible?

Qualified PPL with IR SP/SE PBN
EGSG, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message

Back to Top