Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Site qualification La Mole St Tropez LFTZ - Info required

The qualification done with the instructor is only valid 2 month.
You need a landing as PIC to validate for 2 years (so I did one when departing the field).

I paid 96 Euros site qualification + 132 euros parking (66 * 2 days)

I did the site rating for La Mole this weekend.

We did it with Pierre from the flying school there. He was a super nice guy and met us at Canne in the morning so we could fly into La Mole together.

We did a circuit PIC after the training so the rating is valid for 2 years (you just need to do another PIC landing to extend another 2 years…).

Here’s a video of the landing on 06, seriously fun!!

EGTR

looks like great fun!

So is La Mole still an airport of entry?

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Mooney_Driver wrote:

So is La Mole still an airport of entry?

Yes (with limitations)

• From June 15th through to the end of September it’s a port of entry / exit with customs
  • The rest of the year it’s only possible to use it as a port of entry or exit if the aircraft only has necessary crew. Two pilots with valid licences can therefore use it outside of the summer months provided they give notice 24hrs notice. Not sure way it’s this way…

We chatted with the airport manager (incredibly helpful and friendly) who said they were working very hard to make it a port of entry / exit all year round and were hopefully it would be sorted by 2019…

EGTR

nokicky wrote:

they were working very hard to make it a port of entry / exit all year round and were hopefully it would be sorted by 2019…

I wish them the best of luck and they’ll need it. Lots of airports have lost their status as AoE’s against their explicit will, it appears the customs and immigration organisation doesn’t care one bit.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Hi – would it be possible to message me the details of an instructor in Cannes or Toulon who I can do this with please? Many thanks!

We're glad you're here
Oxford EGTK

May I suggest you call Alexandra. She is a flight instructor at Cannes. Her number is ‭+33 6 67 07 85 97‬. She is a very good instructor, flies herself in airshows and is qualified for La Mole.

EDLE, Netherlands

+1 for Alexandra

Many thanks both!

We're glad you're here
Oxford EGTK

FYI you can get a “discount” renewing your site qualification. You can avoid paying the handling (if you don’t get out of the plane) but still have to pay a 102 euro landing fee. Ouch!

Sign in to add your message