Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Experiences with Russia

Thanks. Quite as expected. Why would they (Russian airports) suddenly embrace the small end of GA by offering lower handling rates, after all? Lowering the rates will never increase the traffic levels to a point where their yield would be higher. So, they chose to make their money like this, by doing less work. A pity for us, but in countries without (lower end GA) heritage, it will likely always remain like that.

But hey, even if they did drop the handling to 100€, then the sum would still be >500€ per aircraft. They are simply being creative. What is the difference between “Air Naviagation Fees” and “Navigation En Route”?

Last Edited by boscomantico at 29 Nov 10:40
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

boscomantico wrote:

What is the difference between “Air Naviagation Fees” and “Navigation En Route”?

Maybe Terminal & Enroute charges?
Another one is about fuel – ULLI do not provide AVGAS routinely, last I heard, so the question is for @LimaVictor – are you planning to arrange for it be delivered, or do you plan not refuelling there at all?

EGTR

I plan no refuelling : coming from EFJO and back to EETN which have Avgas. So about 350 Nm in two legs.
Mak proposed also a fuel stop at ULOO Pskov which is near ULLI (or a full stop instead of ULLI) they told me it is a Port of Entry.

I guess distance are relative in Russia – ULOO is 135nm from ULLI – not really “near”

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

You’re right, did’nt saw it was so far

I can’t completely understand the German language video of the guys flying ultralights through Russia, but it is none the less fantastic. It’s really great to see their experiences via video. It looks like they had a huge adventure.

The radio work is often painful to listen to but obviously just reflects the lack of light GA in the country, the ATC announcement of runway condition on initial contact being a good example.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 29 Nov 16:14

I have this trip planned for next year. I am using Makgas to support the trip. All depends on the situation next year with COVID etc.

Here is the planned trip: https://travefy.com/trip/6yw9rqkswchwqz2ahfl4uuha5wskzdq

EDLE, Netherlands

Wow AeroPlus that trip is really special!!
Would love to know more about that…

EHLE LIMB, Netherlands

NicoKM wrote:

Wow AeroPlus that trip is really special!!
Would love to know more about that…

Well … it was actually planned for last summer where I was going to fly this with a friend. However, the COVID-19 situation prohibited this from happening, so it is postponed to (hopefully) next year.

The trip is also available as route in SkyDemon here

EDLE, Netherlands

At the time, I somehow must have missed the English version of the video. Here it is and really recommended:

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany
Sign in to add your message