Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

LKVO Vodochody - Prague

Landed today at LKVO - everything was organized as promised: border police, customs and taxi. It seems as good alternative for LKPR especialy when RW06/24 is closed and none of ILS approaches for RW12/30 is operational.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I've been there twice and totally agree with Emir, very well organized and helpful staff and cheaper.

First found out about the airport when I filed for LKPR and a friendly ATC staff in Czech Republic noticed the flight plan and emailed us and suggested LKVO as an alternative :)

Another thumbs up for LKVO – very friendly and organised. Martin at the handling office and Tibor up in the tower will take very good care of you. Plus tea, coffee, wifi…and of course Avgas (EUR 2.12 / liter as of 24.11.17).

Uber into town 20 EUR, 30 minutes (Vinohrady). Be careful when summoning the Uber, just entering Vodochody into the application will drop the pin in the middle of a field by the runway… So do scroll it to the security gate.

Vodochody does not have runway lights currently and apparently no plans to repair yet, so no IFR / VFR at night…

Last Edited by Shorrick_Mk2 at 24 Nov 14:36

I had a great experience there this winter. Arrived to find the plane covered in icicles, even though it hadn’t rained for 2 days! This was on December 31st, too. The people from the factory brought the plane to their heated hangar, while we had lunch with our kids at the staff canteen. After two hours, plane was ready; official visibility was still below minimum though so they did a SPECI METAR and off we went. They called us after 3 minutes to say “your wife forgot her laptop, don’t worry we’ll mail it to you” – and they did.

EGTF, LFTF

I found the DR400 i used for this trip soaking wet in dew this morning, so can well imagine that in winter you can get enough condensation that eventually freezes up and forms icicles.

My only regret about LKVO is that they are closed on week-ends.

ELLX
6 Posts
Sign in to add your message