Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

New airfield in Croatia - Island of Vis

Any newsEmir wrote:

It was happening four years ago but only for a brief period of time, prior to elections. New elections are in three weeks, we’ll see whether anything will change after this. A company that runs several marinas on Adriatic is interested in operating this airfield together with starting float-plane taxi operations.

Any news on this beautiful airfield ? Is it still planned to open ?

LFMD, France

mktime wrote:

Any news on this beautiful airfield ? Is it still planned to open ?

No direct news about the airfield but three five-star hotels will be built on the island in following 2-3 years. The construction of the first one already started and for the other two the works should start in autumn. This could be a trigger for local authorities to start seeing airfield as potential entry point for guests of these hotels.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Just found it on Google Maps. In the SE sector of the island. Oriented 24/08. It seems to be over 1000m long.

Lets hope!

Upper Harford private strip UK, near EGBJ, United Kingdom

Will report conditions next week with nice picture with some familiar faces.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I might add that my wife and I flew to Pula last Monday and spent a few days at the new Grand Park Hotel in Rovinj. Not cheap, but possible the most fantastic hotel in the whole of the Mediterranean. https://www.maistra.com/grand-park-hotel-rovinj

A truly spectacular piece of luxury design on the edge of a beautiful old Venetian town.

If the hotels planned for Vis are of this quality I cant wait to see them.

Upper Harford private strip UK, near EGBJ, United Kingdom

Inspecting runway conditions

It’s incredibly hot here these days

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

No country for old Mooneys

EBST, Belgium

Nice 👍

always learning
LO__, Austria

No country for old Mooneys

Hold my beer ahem, my propeller !

Inspecting runway conditions

More like “progressive taxi”

Last Edited by Ibra at 30 Jun 07:45
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

The surface is actually very good. It just has these lumps of vegetation sticking up, which would need to be got rid of somehow.

We could get Easyjet to lay down some chemtrails, or maybe somebody has some Agent Orange left over?

Excellent restaurant next door

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message