Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

New airfield in Croatia - Island of Vis

Very nice! Is there light at the end of the tunnel?

EBMO, EBKT

I hope so. I’ll know a bit more by summer.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I will love to visit this island by landing there !
Even if i had to go to Brac first for customs.

LFMD, France

Me too. I’ve visted Pula, Medulin and Lošinj now, but I would love to discover more from Croatia. Every new airfield is a blessing for GA. Hopefully, Unije will get its permit also back, so no special permit from the CAA is needed anymore.

Switzerland

Rijeka Aiport that had started this project will probably pull out due to lack of finances caused by practically non-existing traffic at their airport (LDRI) since March last year. Apparently, the other large company (tourism business related – I guess I’ll be able to reveal the details soon) is willing to takeover the project. They definitely have the resources and knowledge how to get this done but the question is whether they are serious about it or it’s just an idea that somebody threw on the table during some management meeting. BTW local elections are scheduled for May this year and this is great topic to use in promotional and propaganda purposes

The interesting thing is that you can see the airfield at windy.com map if you zoom it enough.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Thanks for the update. Fingers crossed!

always learning
LO__, Austria

Snoopy wrote:

Fingers crossed!

I’ve been keeping them crossed for four years because I hoped for the opening for last elections – that’s when I started this thread.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I visit this airfield (unfortunately still only from the air) from time to time and take the picture to check the grass

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

When looking on the Facebook page of the airfield it looks like people are landing and departing there.

EDDS , Germany

eddsPeter wrote:

When looking on the Facebook page of the airfield it looks like people are landing and departing there.

It was happening four years ago but only for a brief period of time, prior to elections. New elections are in three weeks, we’ll see whether anything will change after this. A company that runs several marinas on Adriatic is interested in operating this airfield together with starting float-plane taxi operations.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia
Sign in to add your message