Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Cessna 210 Off field landing on a frozen lake Femund Fjellstue

Fun to see Hamar ENHA in winter. I have been in the area in winter visiting family many times as a child but only flown there in warmer seasons. I have also been to Femunden in the summertime, my vehicle there being a canoe for a week. Great video, tells much about true winter flying.

Last Edited by huv at 24 Feb 17:29
huv
EKRK, Denmark

That link doesn’t work for me. It turns out that it is a crap website which changes the URL all the time! They must have paid somebody way too much for “IT services”. The current URL (which probably won’t work for anybody else) is
http://www.aero-sense.com/de-icing-chemicals-for-aviation/type-1-fluid.html#.WLCLAlWLT0M

The product itself is presumably this

It turns out I was given some of that stuff by a German pilot, about 7 years ago, who said the military paint it on their leading edges and it lasts “long enough”. I mentioned it around here and I still have the bottle. Never tried it.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Nice video. As a new IFR pilot there is a lot to pick up from videos like this.
Did you request a slot at Gardermoen before departure for the let down, as I think is required for landing? Do they charge for a let down like that – and how?

pmh
ekbr ekbi, Denmark

@pmh You don´t need a slot for your “alternate” and usually you don´t must pay for an approach. At some examples you get a bill from eurocontrol or DFS, but this not this much money. (10-20€).
Much more importent for me is to ask kindly. No controller would let you down when you need help, they are more interessed to give you an ILS Freuqnz (when you divert unplannend) then hear about a CFIT. Choose always the saver way to get below the clouds, this flight roule change frim IFR to VFR ist the most dangerous think.

EDAZ
14 Posts
Sign in to add your message