Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Quick trip to Milan

Does anyone know the deal with Milan Bresso, LIMB, seems like it would be a good airport for those not needing customs? The restrictions seemed a bit confusing when I looked into it. The max weights for runway and taxiway are 5000 kg, the airport doesn’t allow IFR operations, and only has avgas. So from what I can tell, subject to those operating limitations, being sub-5000kgs, it appears I could use the airport. When I googled the airport, I saw some stories in the local press which appeared to indicate something illegal about someone operating a King Air out of the airport. Maybe it was over 5 tons?

Last Edited by Patrick_K at 26 Jun 09:07
EGTF, LFMD

I’m assuming you could land and take off VFR, and cancel/pick-up IFR somewhere enroute. Maybe that’s not possible/practical? I wonder how Bresso based aircraft do it?

EGTF, LFMD

Hi everybody,
@Emir, where did you find any contact to get a quote into Bergamo ?

Regards
Romain

LFPT Pontoise, LFPB

I don’t remember where I found it but this is the contact:

G.A.S.BE.2000
(General Aviation Service Bergamo 2000)
Via Aeroporto 13 24050 Orio al Serio (BG)
Italy
tel +39 035 45 95 973
fax +39 035 45 96 091
mobil +39 334 615 20 18
[email protected]

They are quick in responding and they speek very good English so you can call then to check any detail.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I’m flying to Bergamo LIME on January 7th and unfortunately it seems that G.A.S.BE.2000 doesn’t offer handling services anymore. The other handler quoted €140 for handling plus €50 for landing which is in total double than it used to be (I’ve landed several times there and, depending on parking days, I used to pay between €80 and €100). It seems that LIME is another airport on €200 list.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Kindly let us know the real total after you have paid.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

I have been to Bresso LIMB last year just for visiting family in a TB10, and landing fee was about 12e you pay directly in the tower. I was just a bit annoyed by the very high grass beside TW. You just need to ensure there is a place for you in the apron in case you stay. The only challenge is cruising low altitude and trees in final 18, it may deserve a more displaced threshold.

LFMD, France

boscomantico wrote:

Kindly let us know the real total after you have paid.

Still negotiating

greg_mp wrote:

I have been to Bresso LIMB last year just for visiting family in a TB10, and landing fee was about 12e you pay directly in the tower.

Flying to that area in this time of the year definitely requires instrument approach capability and besides that flying from Croatia requires border police control. I’ll file LIPO as alternate although the weather conditions are pretty similar yet better than at Linate LIML.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

unfortunately it seems that G.A.S.BE.2000 doesn’t offer handling services anymore.

I got this wrong – they don’t work until January 10th, everything is normal after vacation.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

BGY charged €120 for handling and terminal usage (90+30) and this is with 20% of discount. On top of this is landing fee €31, so €150 in total. With other handler it’s still €70 cheaper but unfortunately they are on vacation until January 10th.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia
Sign in to add your message