Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Quick trip to Milan

I’m planning trip to Milan end of next week and I’m considering options where to land IFR arriving from EU non-Schengen area (Croatia). Malpensa (LIMC) I even didn’t consider because it’s too big, probably too expensive and I don’t think it’s GA friendly. I was at Linate (LIML) some time ago and it was OK but today I got info from handler that L&H would cost me €250. I’m waiting feedback from other handlers. In the meantime I contacted Bergamo (LIME) and I’m waiting their estimate of L&H cost.

In general I’m quite surprised how hard is to get any useful info on airport web sites – to be precise there’s none of it related to general aviation, airport fees etc. Usually such information is not at first page but at least exists somewhere – in this case it’s non-existent. AIP lists handler’s names and contact data.

Any other recommendations for the airports close to Milan featuring immigration?

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

There are only Malpensa, Linate and Bergamo.

Linate has indeed become very expensive. Malpensa actually seems a bit less expensive now. But it’s far away from Milan.

Bergamo should be cheapest, about 100€.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

I was expecting reply from you

I got response from Bergamo and it’s €100. Bus from Bergamo airport to Milano Centrale is 5€, scheduled every 20 min and it takes 1h. I think it’s worth of 150€ difference – I was quoted €250 from one handler for Linate (150 for airport fees and 100 for handling).

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Another handler quoted €210 without specifying mandatory pushback which was stated by first one.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Didn’t I once read a suggestion to operate to/from the aeroclub at Bergamo, almost a separate aerodrome on the North side of the field?

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Yes, by me. But that does not work if you need inmigration.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

I’d say it depends on how much your time is worth to you and also where in Milan you need/want to get to. Linate is a quick taxi ride to the center, so if this is a day trip would probably be the better option. The one-hour bus ride from Bergamo can easily turn into a 1 1/2 hour during peak traffic times.

I’ll see, depends on meetings schedule – if I have to stay over night then Bergamo will be ok.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Bergamo was great choice – GA friendly, easy to communicate and agree all details. The price was lower than announced (€83 instead of initially asked €100). Coonection to Milan is cheap (€9 for return bus ticket) and frequent and ride takes 40 min (in rush hour around 1 hour).

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

That’s helpful, I plan to be in that area in June.

Would you consider updating https://www.you-fly.com/airport/lime/Milano or
http://www.iaopa.eu/AOPAFuelPriceServlet

It really helps others looking for info.

thanks

26 Posts
Sign in to add your message