Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Pireps On Dubrovnik LDDU (and claiming back VAT)

Im going to LDDU in less than 2 weeks originally Bornholm then Elba and now Dubrovnik. Im under the gun for time and need some help with someone familiar with LDDU.

It seems that there is no longer Avgas on the field according to RR Air BP yet the AIP shows they have an 100LL truck. So which is correct?

Also would like to know the costs since we are sharing costs and my friends would like some idea as to what it would cost. The usual stuff.

1 Landing Fee

2 Handling Fee? Is it required?

3 Parking fee?

4 Passenger Tax?

5 Avgas price, if it is available?

6 Any other fee like Security Fee, Fire Protection Services Fee, Contribution to the local Political Party Fee? Any fee not thought of in this Thread Request?

Thanks in advance.

KHTO, LHTL

I took a DA42 in there on 31 March – 1 April with one other crew member. Overnight parking, landing fees, taxes etc came to a total of €46.75.

Can’t help you with the price/availability of AVGAS although the airport website says it is still available. All GA is handled by the airport directly.

Station Manager:
Tel.: +385 20 773 300
Fax: +385 20 773 326
Mob.: +385 98 983 5980
Sita: DBVAPXH
e-mail: [email protected]

The Manager speaks reasonable English.

Fly safely
Various UK. Operate throughout Europe and Middle East, United Kingdom

Thanks so much. Those numbers are very reasonable. I will call the manager. I think we have to clear customs coming from Hungary but not immigration but not sure is that correct?

KHTO, LHTL

I think we have to clear customs coming from Hungary but not immigration but not sure is that correct?

Both Hungary and Croatia are EU member states, so no customs clearance will be required. However Croatia has not signed the Schengen treaty yet, so immigration may be required traveling either way.

EDDS - Stuttgart

C210_Flyer wrote:

I think we have to clear customs coming from Hungary but not immigration but not sure is that correct?

The opposite you need immigration not the customs. However, you won’t have any problem, both are available during operating hours which is H24.

Basic services
Contact
Prices – first half of dicument in Croatian second in English

The only drawback for LDDU is cost of taxi to Dubrovnik because the airport is pretty far from the city for Croatian standards (20 km to Dubrovnik and 6 km to nearest city of Cavtat) and buses are not so frequent. However, since recently Uber is present in Dubrovnik area so I guess you can get cheap ride.

AIP is clear: 100LL is available – all Croatian airports store it and I’ve never heard of any (even temporary) shortage or unavailability.

Since it’s begining of high season, it’s worth of checking with airport management on availability of parking spots if you plan to stay longer.

Check if you have newest IFR plates because some changed recently.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

There’s a bus station at the airport, IIRC it’s around €6 to the centre of Dubrovnik.

Last Edited by Flyer59 at 09 Jun 11:40

Flyer59 wrote:

There’s a bus station at the airport, IIRC it’s around €6 to the centre of Dubrovnik.

Yes but AFAIK it’s not so ferquent.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I was there one week ago for 14 days:

Landing, handling and parking for 14 days: 160€
Avgas: no Problem, Price was around 1,70€
People very nice, one of the best places in Europe.

Oh, one thing: on the approach into LDDU we had crosswind of 45kts, gusting to 60 kts.
You have to decide for a go around in the very last second, because close to the ground, the wind is getting a lot less stronger. Don’t decide for the go around too early!

EDMA, Germany

Whats a good Alternate if the S___ hits the fan and still be able to drive back to Dubrovnik?

KHTO, LHTL

Dave_Phillips wrote:

I took a DA42 in there on 31 March – 1 April with one other crew member. Overnight parking, landing fees, taxes etc came to a total of €46.75.

C210_Flyer wrote:

Thanks so much. Those numbers are very reasonable. I will call the manager.

Update email from the manager at LDDU for 4 days.

“Dear Eugene

All charges will be arround 140 EURs, Handling is mandatory.
100LL price is 1,778 Eur/lit"

How on earth did it go from €46.75 to 140 Euro? Anyone have a clue? High season? Do they accept AOPA discount and that is why?

KHTO, LHTL
54 Posts
Sign in to add your message