Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Aosta LIMW

Has anyone been here? Any advice on how to get in would be welcome! Thank you

We're glad you're here
Oxford EGTK

For the benefit of anyone else going sometime soon, I was there yesterday. Summary:

• Landing and 24h parking for C182 of €42 (split €30 handling, then formula by weight)
  • AVGAS and Jet A1 availability – very easy to refuel
  • Very helpful staff and short (3 hour) PNR for customs. They turned up and asked quite a few questions, e.g. whether carrying €10k etc. Came from France. Went back to UK directly and didn’t see them
  • Only go if the weather is forecast to be good if going back to the UK. Going over the mountains with clouds is not for the feint-hearted. Flying down the valley into the airfield is beautiful though, and no mountain rating or other silly things required
  • There is an IAP but you need to be specially trained to use it. The glideslope is v steep.

PM me if you want more.

Charlie

We're glad you're here
Oxford EGTK

Thanks for info! Did you take note of the fuel prices?

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Sorry, I don’t have my receipt with me. But it wasn’t something stupid – around €1.70/litre.

We're glad you're here
Oxford EGTK

That sounds more than bearable, especially in Italy (even if literally marginally ;) Thanks again!

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

It’s also AIR BP. I called them to check availability beforehand and they were very helpful.

There’s also a car hire desk in the airport! He was “really busy” (which surprised me) but got a Fiat 500 on the spot.

We're glad you're here
Oxford EGTK

Update:

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

A less than helpful answer. Well, sure you can fly IFR in there. But the only available instrument approach IS severely restricted, as written in the AIP.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

They say IFR procedure is in progress. Not sure what that means.

The plate (for what looks like an ILS) is for AOC operators only, IIRC.

I think it is a good reply. Most airports never reply at all

I would fly the IAP under VFR – it is legal.

Am I right there is a glideslope depicted?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Avgas last October was 2,10 €/lt

Italy
105 Posts
Sign in to add your message