Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

A December trip to Southern France and Northern Italy

Beautiful! Love it, it snowed a little over night here in the French Alps – it is supposed to dump snow tonight though…

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France

Cool report!

Had to take a look closer on the “Pocket Rocket”, seems really nice.

Found this:

The hangar, taxiway and runway seems just as cool as the airplane. :)

ESSZ, Sweden

Bosco and Cheshunt, thank you for the great report, and good to see that the health of Italian GA, at least in the North, is better than sometimes reported. Belluno is on my to do list, and used to be a home for some of the mountain flying community, with several aviosuperfizie con pendenza nearby.

A colleague had a nice Corvallis ttX based at Torino which he bought new for a song, relatively speaking. There were some nice old timers based there, including a well preserved bug smasher Apache twin.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

@Fly310 – you might also want to take a look here regarding the Pocket Rocket. Possibly some other threads as well.

tmo
EPKP - Kraków, Poland

Thanks @all.

@denopa: Yes. Actually, as a city, I do slightly prefer Nimes over Montpellier.

I flew to Nimes in October, but landed at the other airfield, Courbessac (LFME). Much closer to the city, no PPR required, no fees, etc. Runways and taxiways a bit rough though.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 31 Dec 11:38
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Definitely not suitable for my sensitive nose gear :-/

EGTF, LFTF

Nice trip, nextttime you visit this area you need to land at Campo Jonathan 45°47’14.69" N 12°19’12.41" O and take the 12min walk to the Le Calandrine. (www.Lecalandrine.it) Campo Jonatham and the Le Caland rine are located on an insula of the Piave river.
!45°47’14.69" N 12°19’12.41" O!

The Calandrine is the most outstanding restaurant I know close to an airstrip. If they are not too busy, theyll send a car to pick you up, but the walk is between 12 and 15 min.

EDTQ / Sarentino

A good tip, Jonathan was on my wish list anyway, there seems to be a museum, too.
But didn’t I understand the field is a Campo di Volo, accepting only ultralights?

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Snowbirdxx wrote:

Nice trip, nextttime you visit this area you need to land at Campo Jonathan

I’ve just looked at the place. Do you need PPR?

What I find odd is that they give two frequencies to use: “Per le comunicazioni utilizzare la frequenza radio 130.00 oppure la 121.65”

That kind of defeats the purpose of an A/G frequency if you have half of the pilots using one and the other half the other frequency, or is there some logic to it?

The guys at Jonathan are very friendly. I never get PPR, just land. If someone is on the field a problem with the " Prosecco alla Spina" may emerge. They will not let you leave the strip, before drinking with them the prosecco from the barrel.

The small museum is not in Jonathan, but in Nevrese, about 6 KM upstream, , where the Piave makes a sharp RH bent, on the western shore. There is a whight flyer in flying condition.

EDTQ / Sarentino
Sign in to add your message