Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

To Dusseldorf EDDL

Jan, thank you, most helpful. I will let you know my call sign and then you can warn them all that a mad Englishman is about to cross your lovely country!!!

Last Edited by Fenland_Flyer at 15 Apr 16:08
UK, United Kingdom

No issue, they’re quite used to them. I’ll not go into details about what type or quantity of errors are most common here, for the various nationalities…

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Could someone “local” please let me have contact details for handling (if required) at both Dusseldorf and Monchengladbach?
Many thanks

UK, United Kingdom

There is no mandatory “handling” as such in Dusseldorf, but you will be going through the GAT and you will be dealing with the Jet Aviation:

https://www.jetaviation.com/dusseldorf
Tel +49 211 421 7062

There is def. no mandatory handling in Monchengladbach. You can contact the airport directly at:

[email protected]
Tel. +49-2161-6898-0

Cheers

Patrick

Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany

@Patrick , do you have an indication of the costs for landing/parking at EDDL ?
I checked my usual source for it ( eddh.de ), but the indicated costs vary between 60EUR and 258EUR.

That will be due to different AC weights, noise levels, pax numbers, parking hours and extra services (night surcharge’for example) requested. With these big airports, it is impossible to make general statements like “a landing will cost you xy”.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Hi @lenthamen,

to quote myself from earlier on this thread:

EDDL is perfectly fine for GA with very accomodating ATC, usually. Expect the landing and additional charges for a C172 to be around 70 EUR plus 10 EUR for parking/day (much cheaper than parking a car near the terminal!).

Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany

Patrick

There’s no handling at Monchengladbach. You just go to the ops office which is just inside the door you use to enter the building. They will check your passport if the border police aren’t there. The whole process is very quick and easy.

EGSC

Thanks Patrick!
70EUR landing charges for a C172 is not bad, considering it is the third largest airport of Germany.
It’s at the same level as what I paid at Hamburg EDDH last year…

Just a quick message to say thanks to all who contributed. This trip to Germany was a first for me and whilst it was near enough IMC there and back it was all so easy with very good ATC. EDDL were a delight and Jet Aviation spot on to deal with. There was just a “moment” however when on departure Dusseldorf tower called to say we were clear to call our en route frequency; nothing unusual in that of course EXCEPT we were about 1 mile from the runway and passing about 2k feet. Still no one seemd to bother so we carried on and enjoyed the relative quiet of German/ Dutch Mil/ Belgium/ and very briefly French ATC. BTW Jan you were absolutely correct, we were FL50 and hardly a call from anyone.
Weather far to poor for any photos!

UK, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message