Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Lille Lesquin LFQQ fuel stop and Customs

Good evening everyone.

I might need to do a fuel stop on the way to Biggin Hill, anybody know how hasslefree for avgas and custom might this airport be?

Thx as always
Lowandslow

Fuel can take a long time in Lille, depending on when you arrive and what the traffic is. I believe one forum member waited for almost an hour last year. As a general rule of thumb: do not expect fuel during the (extended) lunch hours at a French airfield. Most French pilots have Total fuel cards which solve the problem because they all cash free self-service.

Calais would be better

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

Yes no TOTAL card and one airliner on the ground no chance to get fuel. Long ways from the GA Apron to the main building (car transfer), no good restaurante, long way back with securty and again car transfer. Not a good place for fuel and customs.

EDAZ

Calais or Le Touquet will both do fillups quickly, usually, IME. Not sure about lunchtime though (1200-1400 local).

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Thank you guys!

I managed to do it in one strech, notwithstanding the wx around lille and calais. i can say those tanks have never been so dry:-)

Next time I will plan for calais

Rgds

What are the GA arrangements now at Lille? Assuming no fuel is needed, how long does it take to get in and out?

Administrator

Last time it took me 1h (evening), but that included Fuel. They did come with the big long “airliner” truck. Immigration + Paying were a bit slow and probably took 30min (paying was slow, as had to go to the GA office).
Another source of delay is that that was our only chance to eat as we were going to arrive late at destination (2h south), so we renounced principles and ate some microwaved pasta (that wasn’t as bad as thought) from a vending machine.

Ostende was a much quicker turn around.

Last Edited by Noe at 27 Jun 09:03

It sounds like a lot of potential time wasted if doing just a day trip.

Administrator

It wasn’t slow enough to deter me from a future day trip, provided something nice to do there / around (I don’t know if there is)

16 Posts
Sign in to add your message