Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Luxembourg ELLX as a GA destination

I had to cancel the weekend gone due to TSRA/CBs – that I probably could have avoided with the Golze but didn’t want to scare my girlfriend, so elected to delay this a few weeks to my next aircraft booking.

Weather back was also debatable, but looked okay in the end. Nevermind, better safe than sorry.

Qualified PPL with IR SP/SE PBN
EGSG, United Kingdom

dublinpilot wrote:

What is a BAC fee?

BAC is “Business Aviation Centre”, the name of the handler. It is the “main” handling fee.

dublinpilot wrote:

It’s not actually the big airport that is doing the ripping off. ELLX won’t make much from that at all.

“BAC”, the handler, is not a third-party company, but a division/service of the airport itself. So yes, it is ELLX airport that makes all of it. The quote for Pilotrobbie seems to miss the terminal navigation charge, but that’s not a big amount, around 20 EUR maybe. That one goes to the ANSP (a public entity, so broadly the state).

ELLX

BAC fee likely covers the security check and shuttle to your plane. It’s a short walk but I bet they want to drive you past all the expensive jets.

Anyway I flew commercially today and taxiing past P2 all I saw was jets and one DA42. So you can imagine who the typical customers here are.. i.e. business aviation. For ELLX to be interesting for light GA you pretty much have to use P5 or 6 where you need a badge to enter and exit or have someone let you in. And there the BAC handling fee does not apply.

ELLX, Luxembourg

What is a BAC fee?

Probably money for nothing.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Robbie, why don’t you ask Maastricht airport for a quote ? I am told the city is even more interesting than Luxemburg and same distance from Stapleford.

LFOU, France

That’s what annoys me about the big airport fees. It’s not actually the big airport that is doing the ripping off. ELLX won’t make much from that at all.

Probably just the Landing, Take off and parking fees going to the airport €19. It makes other smaller airports look cheap.
It’s all the other handling agent fees that make it up.

What is a BAC fee?

EIWT Weston, Ireland

Very typical that handling and BAC fee makes the bill expensive. Without it, ELLX would be quite reasonable, even if you still had to pay the PPR fee.

Switzerland

boscomantico wrote:

Can you post a copy of the quotation? Possibly, these were all optional items?

I now have this quote;

EGSG, United Kingdom

Can you post a copy of the quotation? Possibly, these were all optional items?

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

I’ve got a quote back for flying on the Friday, returning on a Sunday.

Admin Fee: 18.00
PPR Fees 30.00
Landing Fee: 7.00
Take-off Fee 0.00
Parking Fee 5.00
Pax Fee 10.25
BAC Fee 125.00
Sunday Surcharge: 62.50

257.75 EURO

But then they’ve added water, toilet and what not and it comes to 744.55 EURO. Lmao! Anyone else had this sort of qoute back?

EGSG, United Kingdom
86 Posts
Sign in to add your message