Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Luxembourg ELLX as a GA destination

ThKube wrote:

You have to have 3 landings in 6 months to set up an account in order to save the handling fee.

I think that’s just an implementation of their long-standing “we don’t want to setup an account if you don’t come at least semi-regularly” policy. Did they say you need these landings in the past, or only the intention to have at least about that volume of traffic?

ThKube wrote:

So if you go there make some three touch and go’s and set up an account.

Touch and go’s need a slot. And they are forbidden to planes that are neither registered in Luxembourg, nor used in training by a local school. Also, I think that if the people that setup the account actually check for the three landings, they won’t see the touch-and-goes, because they see billable terminal movements, not landings per se. There is no landing fee in Luxembourg. Only a terminal fee (approach fee?), payable by IFR and VFR traffic alike. It is 6,10 EUR for “small airplanes”, and you pay it only once even if you do one hour of touch-and-goes.

ELLX

This week we went to ELLX with a Cessna 182.

ELLX has become much more expensive for private flights. First, it’s PPR for all GA flights. The PPR fee is 30 euro.

The special rate for private or sportive aviation is not valid anymore, the basic fee is 103 euro and 3 euro per passenger.

We took fuel at P5, otherwise the fuel truck would have been 17,50 euro extra.

All in all we paid 146 euro for 1 approach and 1 overnight parking. More than twice the amount we paid last year.

I don’t know exactly how this works for fuel stops. I read somewhere 50% of the handling fee will be charged.

Last Edited by hfl at 13 May 09:00
hfl
EHLE, Netherlands

hfl wrote:

I don’t know exactly how this works for fuel stops. I read somewhere 50% of the handling fee will be charged.

I think they have stopped this, too.

ELLX

Does anyone know whether they would accept an AirBP card for refuelling? The AIR BP website is listing ELLX as an AirBP location.

Re 50% discount for fuel stops: I just received the latest handling price list which shows that fuel stops would receive a 50% discount.

EGTF, EGLK, United Kingdom

wbardorf wrote:

Does anyone know whether they would accept an AirBP card for refuelling?

For Avgas, I’m not sure whether the self-serve pump at P5 takes AirBP card; it takes credit cards for sure. The AirBP site is somewhat contradictory on ELLX; it doesn’t give avgas in “fuels supplied”, but gives “avgas – operator fuelled” in “fuel services”. I recommend you call Luxfuel and ask (Luxfuel is also the operator of the self-serve pump).

ELLX

@lionel, I’ve seen your ELLX entry in the EuroGA airport database and the date is quite recent. You don’t mention anything though about the PPR charge or the GAT charge, both of which are mentioned in the eddh.de entry from May 2020. Have they been abolished? Also, the latest pirep there is from Jan 2021 and it mentions a total of €113 just for a SR22 tank stop. I didn’t check the AIP to do the calculation per your EuroGA entry, but can’t imagine that an SR22 weight and noise level brings the total up to that compared to the numbers you cite. Any comments?

Vince

LSZK, Switzerland

chflyer wrote:

You don’t mention anything though about the PPR charge or the GAT charge, (…). Have they been abolished?

No; I just don’t say anything about them. Light single-engine propeller GA burning avgas (or not refuelling) has a way around at least handling (not sure about PPR charge) with local contacts.

My 6 Feb 2021 report is just an update on the TNC charge (and fuel price). My full report (the one of 1 Jul 2020) says:

PPR and handling for non-based aircraft leading to far higher costs, not precisely known to me.

but also

There seems to be a possibility for “single engine propeller aircraft without commercial passengers” to avoid handling by using the “temporary parking” area (two aircraft total space; no reservations; try your luck) on P5, and (I assume) being taken in and out of the area by a local access pass holder (…)

ELLX

Understood. Thanks for the clarification. A bit of a shame considering how nice a country/city it is to visit.

LSZK, Switzerland

I am hoping to visit ELLX next week for my first IFR trip into the EU. What sort of forms do I have to fill out in addition to the UK GAR/PLF for the return?

I presume I’ll be stung for the visit, uplift of Jet A1 or not?

Qualified PPL with IR SP/SE PBN
EGSG, United Kingdom

Unless you organise informal “handling” by a local pilot or club into apron P5 (which would include access to a self-serve pay by credit card 100LL pump, but no way to uplift Jet A1), you need PPR and handling by the airport into apron P2.

See https://airports.euroga.org/search.php?icao=ELLX

ELLX
Sign in to add your message