Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Luxembourg ELLX as a GA destination

any info about current price of avgas?

fly2000

This sounds like a perfect fly-in destination. Perhaps if someone where to contact the aero club that the Euro GA group will be meeting we can have handling eliminated altogether.

I have issues with handling because the whole concept is so bogus to begin with. I can do whatever they do so thats the reason for the statement.
Now if I was interested to fly into North Korea and they did all the paperwork through their govt etc I might be interested in paying a handling fee. Do you see the difference?

KHTO, LHTL

avgas 100LL is 1,55EUR/l all taxes and fuel fees included from the automated pump.

ELLX

Might have to go there next week.
You are talking about tech stop, but what about full stop landing.
I’ve been there but can’t remember if you can skip the GAT or not…
From memory, you can go out but can’t comme back…

Any advise ?

Romain

LFPT Pontoise, LFPB

HI Romain, you need handling at ELLX.
There is a special rate for private pilots.

Am intending to fly to Luxembourg next week and stop overnight, am hearing (reading) different stories about what is possible when refuelling with AVGAS – some reports say you have to pay a €50 surcharge when the handling agent handles the invoice unless you have a fuel card (which I don’t), others say you can pay directly at the pump at P5 using Mastercard / Visa / Maestro with a PIN number – which is correct? I’d appreciate just answers from those with experience of purchasing AVGAS, not JET Fuel as this will come from the tanker and probably not be relevant.

From my side, I don’t have a problem paying the handling, I just object to the handling agent slapping a €50 surcharge onto my fuel bill just for passing my money on…….

EDL*, Germany

Any more info on Luxembourg? Latest fuel and handling prices?

ESSZ, Sweden

Fly310 wrote:

Any more info on Luxembourg? Latest fuel and handling prices?

In January the pricing was €1,66 for AVGAS, I had to pay handling even though all I wanted to do is to carry out a refuelling stop. Apparently any requirement of going to pay for your landing fees incurs the handling fee which was €60 + 6,10 landing fee. Having said that, I was informed that if you set up an account in advance, you could land there, refuel and take off without handling (email → [email protected]).

If you want to refuel, do NOT pay for it via the GAT – this will incur a €50 surcharge. Best is to use the self service pumps at P5 (GAT is P2), the pumps stop after 10 gallons, then the credit card needs reauthorisation…..

EDL*, Germany

Recently got home from ELLX and here is the numbers from the invoice:
Aircraft was a Cirrus, 1600 kg.

Fuel: 1,76 euro/liter
Fuel truck: 17,10 euros
(This was to get the fuel truck to the airplane, the self service fuel pump would have been the more economical way for this but apparently we then had to refuel before departure which I always try to avoid due to delays.)

Handling fee: 60 euros (sportive aviation is the key word and you must state a personal name as the customer, not a business name.)
Landing fee: 6,10 euros
Parking fee: 2,50 euros (overnight stay)

Last Edited by Fly310 at 22 Apr 07:08
ESSZ, Sweden

Hi,
First post

You have to have 3 landings in 6 months to set up an account in order to save the handling fee.

We tried it today and this answer.

So if you go there make some three touch and go’s and set up an account.

Thomas

EDLP
Sign in to add your message