Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Luxembourg ELLX as a GA destination

AVGAS is not really cheaper though…

I don’t know why they never advertised this 60 EUR “reduced fee” for “sportive aviation” (which is anything light GA normally)
I did not know about the 30 EUR for fuel stop

ELLX (Luxembourg), Luxembourg

If you have a customer account with the fuel company, you can do a tech stop for fueling without handling charges.

As far as I understood, what you need is an account with the airport, for landing fees.

Fuel can be paid by card with the fuel truck driver/refueller (if Jet A). Avgas is from a fixed pump (pay by card as well).

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Some feedback on Luxembourg ELLX: Overall it was a positive experience. Total bill was 68,60EUR for 1 night stay. Taxi to the city center was around 30EUR.
There’s also a regular bus connection to the city center.

I consider ELLX as a convenient destination for a fly-in as it ticks most of the boxes (city nearby, full IFR, centrally located, GA welcome, etc).

The GA Terminal is really nice:

Weather was OVC001 with 800m visibility, LVP active:

lenthamen wrote:

GA welcome

including microlights? even without carrying such a load of avionics as to make them legally overweight?

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

I have to admit to being somewhat confused. The “print out” shows a fee of 100 euros for <4tonnes but everyone is paying less. What am I missing here please?

UK, United Kingdom

Jan_Olieslagers wrote:

including microlights? even without carrying such a load of avionics as to make them legally overweight?

I don’t think ELLX allow microlights. But if they would you might have other issues, like transponder/radio requirements.

Fenland_Flyer wrote:

What am I missing here please?

They have a special rate for private GA below 4T MTOW. Looks like the only requirement is that the billing address is private (i.e. not a company). They call it “Sportive Aviation”. It’s 30EUR for a fuel stop and 60EUR for full handling services.

70 Euros with handling is not too bad I guess. Good to know, LUX is an attractive destination.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

I don’t think ELLX allow microlights.

I share that doubt – making ELLX a less than perfect G/A destination.

But if they would you might have other issues, like transponder/radio requirements.

Again, precisely what I meant. It must be said the carriage of 8,33 COM and mode-S transponder seems to be standard among German ultralighters, these days. Much less in “Latin” countries, though. Myself do carry a mode C and 8,33 but I still doubt ELLX would accept my plane for all that. And to be frank, that kind of landing/handling cost would be unreasonable to me. To spend more money on fees than on fuel?

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

I fly often to Luxembourg, I think it’s worth to know that the NH hotel (is a 4 stars) near to the airport makes special price for pilots. The room is 65€ breakfast included. They also pick up you at the GA terminal and take you back for free.

WellsA
LSZA
Sign in to add your message